Re: Springfield now producing Hi-Powers

FrontSight wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:52 am They really knocked the ball out of the park with this one. This new HP seems to have addressed most of the complaints people tend to have about HP's. I'm generally not much for "new" guns, but this one really has my attention.
I’ve really not paid attention to the complaints about the original HP. What exactly were they?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Springfield now producing Hi-Powers

sikacz wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am
FrontSight wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:52 am They really knocked the ball out of the park with this one. This new HP seems to have addressed most of the complaints people tend to have about HP's. I'm generally not much for "new" guns, but this one really has my attention.
I’ve really not paid attention to the complaints about the original HP. What exactly were they?
Most common complaints...

The magazine safety was universally disliked; its gone
The safeties from pretty much all makers (with one exception), from all eras just sucked. The Springfield safety lever is the best ever put on a HP.
Grips - Std HP grips are just horrible; yet the HP still feels great in your hand. With proper grips its just amazing!
Sights - Pre-MK III HP's had very small sights. This one appears to have a Novak dovetail in the rear, and MK III dovetail up front; NICE!! However, the stock sights on the SA are VERY nice.
Serial number - BHP's often have the serial number stamped on the front strap of the grip, making it nearly impossible to texture the front strap.
Hammer - The ring hammer has a pretty bad reputation for biting people, which is why FN switched to the spur hammer in the '60's. The ring hammer on the SA has been re-designed so it doesn't bite.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”