Re: Burgers... and other food items that are best made at home.

Ridge83 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:33 am
FlyGuy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:50 am Hey now, get back on target...
Burger Donut.jpg
I included "Other food items that are best made at home" ...all are welcome, except vegan stuff because half of that shit should be counted more as drywall spackle and not something fit for human consumption.
Doughburger, a cholesterol nightmare.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:45 am
Burger Donut.jpg
I included "Other food items that are best made at home" ...all are welcome, except vegan stuff because half of that shit should be counted more as drywall spackle and not something fit for human consumption.
Doughburger, a cholesterol nightmare. Sure to clog up those arteries.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Burger Donut.jpg
This just might turn into Recipe Central. Everyone has a favorite homemade something or other.
I'm OK with that.
I mean really, Grandad's Sausage Gravy he learned from his Grandma in the Hollers of West Virginia.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Ridge83 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:09 am The weather outside currently is one of those days that calls for a few Nathan's original's to be pan fried in butter and topped with home made chili.
I usually buy Hebrew National beef dogs, topped with homemade chili sounds really good but minus the butter for me.

highdesert wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:16 am
Ridge83 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:09 am The weather outside currently is one of those days that calls for a few Nathan's original's to be pan fried in butter and topped with home made chili.
I usually buy Hebrew National beef dogs, topped with homemade chili sounds really good but minus the butter for me.
It's cool . Which paring do you go with ?

#1: Pepsi
#2: Coke
OR
#3: A&W Root beer

I usually go with a Coke if no root beer is available

Ridge83 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:35 am
It's cool . Which paring do you go with ?

#1: Pepsi
#2: Coke
OR
#3: A&W Root beer

I usually go with a Coke if no root beer is available
I'm into the diet sodas, A&W has diet root beer which tastes good. Most of the time I drink water with meals, I know it's boring.

I agree on the Hebrew National beef dogs, with homemade chili. I do mean real chili not that with beans. That is not Chili. That is chili WITH Beans.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I'm pretty sure I can make the world's best avocado sandwich here at home. Gotta be whole wheat bread, pink onion, a little mustard, some alfalfa sprouts, and a shake to taste of Spike. Sometimes a schmeer of humus if it's summer. Tough to beat. Proper ripeness is key, so when you buy avos, get them with a bit of stem left on. The ones without the stem don't ripen well enough.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Been experimenting more with my burgers. I found a spatula that has no slots and has a very flexible handle...So I took my time and bent it into a useful shape that won't get hung up on the rim of the stainless steel pan I use to fry smash burgers. An older potato masher is also used. I've found that it's best to place the solid spatula into the hot cooking oil before I press the meatball down on the surface. I made a few earlier, and I think I have it as close to perfect as possible. I began trying to clone McDonald's style burgers and then moved on to trying to clone diner burgers. After toasting the buns in the burger grease/butter left overnight in the pan (yes it was covered with a piece of tinfoil and a lid set on top of it) I built then wrapped the burgers in wax paper to let them sweat it out a bit. Safe to say I was very satisfied.