Dan Crenshaw Blasts GOP Freedom Caucus: They’re ‘Grifters’ and ‘Performance Artists’

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) on Tuesday torched some of his most prominent Republican colleagues this week, calling members of the hard-right House Freedom Caucus “grifters” and “performance artists” who only “know how to say slogans real well.”
“There are two types of members of Congress: there is performance artists and there is legislators,” he exclaimed. “Performance artists are the ones who get all of the attention, the ones you think are more conservative because they know how to say slogans real well. They know how to recite the lines that they know our voters want to hear.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dan-crenshaw ... 40735.html

I hope his side ends up winning what I hope will be a full on civil war in the republican party. I don't much like republicans, but our political process really benefits from sane opposition.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Dan Crenshaw Blasts GOP Freedom Caucus: They’re ‘Grifters’ and ‘Performance Artists’

FrontSight wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:31 pm
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) on Tuesday torched some of his most prominent Republican colleagues this week, calling members of the hard-right House Freedom Caucus “grifters” and “performance artists” who only “know how to say slogans real well.”
“There are two types of members of Congress: there is performance artists and there is legislators,” he exclaimed. “Performance artists are the ones who get all of the attention, the ones you think are more conservative because they know how to say slogans real well. They know how to recite the lines that they know our voters want to hear.”

I hope his side ends up winning what I hope will be a full on civil war in the republican party. I don't much like republicans, but our political process really benefits from sane opposition.
No doubt there is a YUGE schism in the GOP..mostly pro and never trumpers. I'm amazed this ignorant liar and traitor, trump, still garners the support that he does. Shows the ignorance of many in trump's segment of the GOPathetic. Hope that conflict, as trump tries to 'punish' those who wouldn't kiss his fat ass, will hurt candidates.

Re: Dan Crenshaw Blasts GOP Freedom Caucus: They’re ‘Grifters’ and ‘Performance Artists’

FrontSight wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:31 pm

A Democratic congressman within the last year said roughly the same thing about the wings of both parties, they're disruptors and media whores, not legislators. Legislators of both parties can disagree and still civilly work on legislation and get it passed, they are the worker bees. And there are those who just talk shit about the other party and members of their own party and the media swarms around them to get sound bites for their video reports. The media loves conflict.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan