Walther PPK love?

1
Where are the ppk fans? Because after I finished my thesis on Thursday I celebrated by drinking a bunch of bourbon and going on Gunbroker and....well, let's just say that my lowish bid stuck and I have a new PPK on the way.

Years ago I had the FEG APK, which was nifty but I always knew I wanted a Walther....oh well.

Anyway, PPK fans, chime in!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Walther PPK love?

2
I don't currently have one, but I have always been a PPK fan. My next one will be an original. I prefer the PPK over the PPK/s, and unfortunately 9/10 PPK's in the US are PPK/s not the original PPK. As such, actual PPK's are rather pricey.

Oh, there are just so many handguns I still need to get, and so little money to go around.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Walther PPK love?

3
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:24 am I don't currently have one, but I have always been a PPK fan. My next one will be an original. I prefer the PPK over the PPK/s, and unfortunately 9/10 PPK's in the US are PPK/s not the original PPK. As such, actual PPK's are rather pricey.

Oh, there are just so many handguns I still need to get, and so little money to go around.
Heh, I had to go with One In, One Out to raise the money. I'm down to eight guns, total (nine if you count my wife's Buckmark). All pistols.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Walther PPK love?

4
There is an earlier thread where we've been talking about the 380 cartridge, it includes pistols like the PP and PPK.
viewtopic.php?t=63149

The Walther Police Pistol and the Walther Criminal Police Pistol (detective model) or PPK. I don't own a PPK, but I do own two clones. Hitler committed suicide with a PPK in 32.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Walther PPK love?

5
highdesert wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am There is an earlier thread where we've been talking about the 380 cartridge, it includes pistols like the PP and PPK.
viewtopic.php?t=63149

The Walther Police Pistol and the Walther Criminal Police Pistol (detective model) or PPK. I don't own a PPK, but I do own two clones. Hitler committed suicide with a PPK in 32.
Heh, thanks for the thread sniff. I've been gone for a bit.

I guess it should give me a warm fuzzy that Hitler's last meal was hot Walther.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Walther PPK love?

7
I bought mine to be my first carry gun. I qualified for my CHL with it. During the class, I got called a Democrat because my weapon of choice did not carry 10 rounds or more.
I still own it. However, it does not get the love it deserves.

None the less...Pic's or it didn't happen...
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.
Attachments
IMG_0255.JPG

Re: Walther PPK love?

8
Me me! Always wanted one and being a big James Bond fan. I read all Ian Flemings Bond books when they came out back in the day.

While browsing around before Christmas I saw our new LGS - Turners Outdoorsman got a stack of PPK/s and put them up for sale at 80 bucks under MSRP.
So ole Saint Nick dropped one off. Ha! Love it.
I'd like to see an older PPK but I have never run into one. Gotta love all the steel. Just did a little photo shoot.
These two are my carry guns now.
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
- Emerson
Attachments
Walther ppks I.jpg
PPKs SP101.jpg
PPKs.jpg

Re: Walther PPK love?

10
CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Walther PPK love?

11
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
So how many semi-automatics meet the microstamp requirement?
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Walther PPK love?

12
FlyGuy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:16 am I bought mine to be my first carry gun. I qualified for my CHL with it. During the class, I got called a Democrat because my weapon of choice did not carry 10 rounds or more.
I still own it. However, it does not get the love it deserves.

None the less...Pic's or it didn't happen...
Who made your shoulder hoster FlyGuy?
I was looking at a Galco Executive holster. Looks similar. But they are out of stock.
Not sure I want a horizontal one though.
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
- Emerson

Re: Walther PPK love?

13
sikacz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
So how many semi-automatics meet the microstamp requirement?
None that I'm aware of. But if the model existed before the law was enacted, you can still sell it. Which is why, to the best of my knowledge, the only semi-auto's for sale in CA are older model pistols. I think... Admittedly, I don't follow CA all that close.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Walther PPK love?

14
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:43 pm
sikacz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
So how many semi-automatics meet the microstamp requirement?
None that I'm aware of. But if the model existed before the law was enacted, you can still sell it. Which is why, to the best of my knowledge, the only semi-auto's for sale in CA are older model pistols. I think... Admittedly, I don't follow CA all that close.
Seems pretty convenient way to in effect ban guns. The technology doesn’t exist so no new guns.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Walther PPK love?

15
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:43 pm
sikacz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
So how many semi-automatics meet the microstamp requirement?
None that I'm aware of. But if the model existed before the law was enacted, you can still sell it. Which is why, to the best of my knowledge, the only semi-auto's for sale in CA are older model pistols. I think... Admittedly, I don't follow CA all that close.
Thanks for clarifying FS about the PPK. I haven't heard of any semi-auto that's met the microstamping requirement.

In the CA courts, the state supreme court supports microstamping, in federal court the last case was Pena vs Horan and SCOTUS denied cert in 2020.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Walther PPK love?

16
sikacz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:36 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:43 pm
sikacz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm
FrontSight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm CA didn't dump it, Walther stopped production. When they resumed production it was no longer eligible for CA under the grandfather clause, now it has to meet the microstamp requirement because its a semi-auto.
So how many semi-automatics meet the microstamp requirement?
None that I'm aware of. But if the model existed before the law was enacted, you can still sell it. Which is why, to the best of my knowledge, the only semi-auto's for sale in CA are older model pistols. I think... Admittedly, I don't follow CA all that close.
Seems pretty convenient way to in effect ban guns. The technology doesn’t exist so no new guns.
Pretty much. And correct, zero new guns in California. Unless you're LEO, of course. They can still buy them. And sell them used. Some even get nailed for it.

Re: Walther PPK love?

17
No love of the PPK, have owned several and they were all the best slice-n-dice tools ever.

Like my PP and PPK/s but they have the longer grip and so not slicers. Still dislike the swipe up for fire safety but that is also true of my S&W 3rd Gens and my HSc. The DA/SA is the saving grace for all of them.

Love my P-38 and Model 4 and my Model 9 is cute but also has the swipe up safety. The Model 4 gets carried quite often.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
Stories coming to you from Deep South Texas!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!

Re: Walther PPK love?

18
tonguengroover wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:18 pm Who made your shoulder hoster FlyGuy?
I was looking at a Galco Executive holster. Looks similar. But they are out of stock.
Not sure I want a horizontal one though.
It is indeed a Galco Executive. good eye. I bought mine 7 years ago, so I can't speak for current stock. This fit quite comfortably until I gained a little weight in all the wrong places. I am currently trying to rectify this.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Re: Walther PPK love?

20
KlownKannon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am Looks like my PPK shipped. I'll post sexy spy pics when I have it in hand. The SEXIEST spy pics. I'm a spy, baby.

Brace yourselves.
Make sure to get a shot of it next to your Aston Martin.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Walther PPK love?

21
FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 am
KlownKannon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am Looks like my PPK shipped. I'll post sexy spy pics when I have it in hand. The SEXIEST spy pics. I'm a spy, baby.

Brace yourselves.
Make sure to get a shot of it next to your Aston Martin.
Im real good with photoshop
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Walther PPK love?

24
tonguengroover wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:52 pm Waiting for a glamor shot . ;)
Ah hell, I totally spaced it. Here is my first range trip almost two weeks ago. Yeah, it's not a very glamorous shot but hey, I was busy, ok?
66742086061__C4D66008-44EC-4A1A-8762-75BEA0BC49CA.jpeg

I'd forgotten how enjoyable these little guns can be. Notably I felt comfortable shooting it with either hand (I'm a lefty who's right eyed. Some guns I'm ok with in either hand, some guns not).

The only issue I had was it doesn't seem to like Fiocchi ammo. Occasionally it wouldn't completely chamber a round. On inspection the Fiocchi brass is deeply crimped - the edge of the chamber could hang up on it. The Lawman ammo pictured has no exaggerated crimp and functioned flawlessly. I suppose with break-in it'll smooth out with the Fiocchi but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hasaf and 0 guests

cron