Re: Few things are as glorious

sig230 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:52 am Tonight, I'll fix pasta with homemade Pesto and bake a baguette to eat with butter and a 4-leaf balsamic vinegar.

Sounds great, I love spinach fettucine or angel hair pasta with pesto.

I remember Ray Magliozzi (Car Guys on NPR) joking that true Italians can't eat pasta without bread in their other hand. They were funny guys.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Few things are as glorious

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 am
CDFingers wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:39 pm Here is more than I wanted to know about coffee's caffeine.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/caffeine.htm

CDFingers
Interesting. Speaking of alkaloids, I've been dying for a cup of mate de coca. Been drinking some tea in the afternoon and keep reminiscing about being in Peru.
Every morning every hotel has a Coca tea out and ready to go. Coca tea really helps for the altitude. And it doesn't seem as strong as caffeinated teas.
I was going to try and bring back some Coca seeds but didn't want to get busted. People get busted just for coca tea bags which is nonsense. It's no more addictive than caffeine. It's a very tasty green tea.
The coffee down there is divine as well.

A few months back there was a picture in a newspaper of the pope sipping mate from a gourd. He's Argentinian. It's South America's caffeine.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan