Re: Let's see and talk revolvers.

tonguengroover wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:18 am That thing is a monster! LOL
I'd have to use both hands just to hold it straight.
There's a Dan Wesson on there with three barrels but it's only a .357 mag.
I have a DW but only with a single barrel and would take it rather than an anaconda everyday.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:30 am
I have a DW but only with a single barrel and would take it rather than an anaconda everyday.
Here's some more barrels for ya.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
Screenshot_20220510-213223_Email.jpg

tonguengroover wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 am
sig230 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:30 am
Here's some more barrels for ya.
Nah. They aren't blued.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Now I need an accessory for my new rifle...

I have always wanted a 92 Winchester, and I recently picked up an original in .38-40. Problem is, I don't own a revolver in .38-40...Clearly I need to do something about that! So now I'm eyeing a Uberti 7.5" to go along with my ole 92

1926 Winchester 92 in .38-40

Goes well with my 1927 Winchester 94 in .30 WCF, and Colt SAA .45
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Thanks, I do too.
The other one is only a year newer, but it got re-finished in the '80's. For some reason the finish on the 94 came out looking like black spray paint in this particular photo...not sure what happened there...lousy photographer I guess.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

342C75D2-B217-4F23-A144-A076EC76C8CD.jpeg
4B7B968E-864E-44BC-824A-ED3FADFD8A10.jpeg
A little late to the party but a Ruger 3 screw 357. Part of the fun is getting the holster, grips and other various things for it. This is my wander around and have fun on a hike set up. Holster is a Barranti Three Persons and the grips are from chigs grips-ironwood.
Looking to get another Ruger Blackhawk sometime…same barrel length…maybe in 41mag or??
"But who prays for satan? Who in eighteen hundred years has had the common humanity to pray for the sinner that needed it most?"
-Mark Twain

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:58 am
wooglin wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:42 am If the case hardening is aftermarket, I wonder what else was done and who did it.
Thanks, I didn't know that was an option out there. Is after market case hardening a bad thing?
Nothing wrong with case hardening to my knowledge. And I don’t know if Ruger offered it or not. If they did, it was probably a Lipseys special.

But if someone went to the trouble of getting it case hardened after market they probably had other things done. This is just an example of someone who would do case hardening:

https://www.tylergunworks.com/