Re: Alleged shooter at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas in custody

tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm Too many guns for any gun control to work.
That's reality.
That's what so many don't get. To actually make a difference, you would have to make RADICAL changes and basically gut the 2nd Amendment. That's why I say nothing is going to change...because it never does. Hell, even after Patrick Purdy when we got the CA AWB, followed by the federal AWB.... Neither of those laws changed a damn thing, nor did they take a single gun off the street. It's bullshit feel-good legislation that only stirs up the crazies, and has never actually accomplished anything.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:45 am
tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm Too many guns for any gun control to work.
That's reality.
That's what so many don't get. To actually make a difference, you would have to make RADICAL changes and basically gut the 2nd Amendment. That's why I say nothing is going to change...because it never does. Hell, even after Patrick Purdy when we got the CA AWB, followed by the federal AWB.... Neither of those laws changed a damn thing, nor did they take a single gun off the street. It's bullshit feel-good legislation that only stirs up the crazies, and has never actually accomplished anything.
Yup, and the question many raise now (including Biden) is how come other countries don't have this problem?
Easy answers
1, because those other countries do not have a 2nd amendment.
and
2, many have better health care that includes mental health.
and
3, people who like their guns are afraid to seek mental healthcare because they think the .gov will come for their guns.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

So the Texas GOPathetic leaders, the Three stooges plus Cruz, are calling for fortifying the schools, adding more Law Enforcement personnel to the schools, arming the teachers and putting armed citizens in the schools. While of course in the same article, the quasi-liberal Huffington Post is call for more gun control as usual.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-re ... 3e736c4979

What is the solution, who knows? We could raise the age to buy guns to 21, just like we did for alcohol after it had been 18. I would say if we did that there should be an exemption for those serving in the armed forces. Is the problem too many guns available to those under the age of 21 or would it be better to look at the root cause and try to correct that? What was in their mental state to cause them to do such a heinous act. It seems many of them have been bullied and were the outcast loners in the school. The misfits that never fit in. If we could identify this behavior along with the bully behavior it could stop much of the shooting from happening. My wife taught public high school for a few years, before teaching in college, and she could tell you who was the bullies and the "misfits". I will guarantee the teachers in almost any school can tell you the same. The schools need to have an intervention team to help the students, that are the ones most likely to have issues leading up to violence.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

FrontSight wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:24 pm I generally don't comment on these threads, because they disgust me a bit. Not trying to be a dick, but on every gun forum, when lives are lost people state their regret...and then its all about them and the gun control movement. Its the same EXACT discussion every bloody time, and it really makes me sick people want to talk about their gun rights / or more gun control when children have been murdered again. WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT? Nothing is going to change!!!
I have watched these discussions play out identically since Patrick Purdy.
Sorry, needed to vent. Call me a dick and tell me to go away.
I agree, Absolutely no one is saying "We never used to have incidents like this, even though there was a time you could order high capacity weapons in the mail, why don't we take a good look and see what's changed?"

No one, ON EITHER SIDE, is saying that.

The Pro 2A side keeps saying it's a mental health issue, but as an anti-gun friend of mine pointed out, no pro-gun politician has proposed any mental health reforms.

We need to do something.

No excuse for this travesty. Just another fucked up person with gun access. The why is truly irrelevant IMHO. Blame game is total bullshit - movies, games, crime, parenting, bad seed et al. It takes some kind of fucked up human to take human lives whether it's a Ted Bundy or this little shit or any of the other POS's that kills others cause their own life sucks.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Are any elected representatives members of the Liberal Gun Club? If so, are they doing any voicing the need for better mental health care? Can we do anything about that? Can we as members start making some real noise about the issue. Like it or not, gun-control legislation is coming, and really who can blame those who are clamoring for it when it just seems as if it is never fucking going to stop; I was near tears myself and wondering if maybe they're right.

Also, we need to stop calling these shooters "fucking nuts" while doing nothing about getting them the help they need before they get this far gone. I know, some can't be reached and we'll always have this sort of horror whether it be with guns, a van plowing through a crowd, or a bomb in a public building.

I dunno, but I'm as exhausted with this shit as any gun confiscation advocate.

ETA: I see the NRA is continuing on with its plans to hold its annual meeting in Houston starting Friday; attending with be the oily Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott. Seems a bit tone-deaf to me.
Last edited by Resume on Wed May 25, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Resume wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:10 pm A
Also, we need to stop calling these shooters "fucking nuts" while doing nothing about getting them the help they need before they get this far gone. I know, some can't be reached and we'll always have this sort of horror whether it be with guns, a van plowing through a crowd, or a bomb in a public building.
Well when Abbott finished I was astounded by his idiocy. He was talking about the "question" presented to the officials back stage prior to him comingon camera about mental health, as a local said "The community has no access to mental health".

Of course it goes right over Abbott's head and he talks about after the fact, NOT PRIOR TO INCIDENTS OR THIS INCIDENT!
But prevention is whats needed to be discussed.

Course Beto is an idiot. nuff said
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

AdministrativeReload wrote:Here is Hero of the Party Beto O'Rourke interrupting someone else's press conference to make it about him. This is what we can come to expect from Democratic politicians seeking political gain from this issue.

Will the staffer who thought this up for Beto get that promotion he was bucking for?

Why is this an "alleged" shooter anyway? Is there any question?
He’s such an attention whore, disgustingly so. He’s a terrible candidate for TX gov. That fascist Abbott is going to trounce him with these antics. “Hell yeah we are gonna take your AR-15.”

When are the TX Dems going to run a Pro gun candidate? They must love losing and choosing party orthodoxy over all else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmerian wrote:Performance politics is the name of the game now, not that it hasn't always been. Especially in Texas.

I am not a huge fan of O'Rourke, but I loathe Abbott.

Name me one politician that isn't a publicity whore?
Steve Chabot my Congressman (OH-1) Hides out until a month before the election collecting his paycheck. Hide and seek world champion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdministrativeReload wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pm Here is Hero of the Party Beto O'Rourke interrupting someone else's press conference to make it about him. This is what we can come to expect from Democratic politicians seeking political gain from this issue.

Will the staffer who thought this up for Beto get that promotion he was bucking for?
Based on the video, the stunt initially appears to have gone badly, but media bots are spinning it as a being about a nice man who loves children bravely speaking truth to power. The media controls the narrative, so this will be spun as a net win for O'Rourke, as revolting as he is. The staffer or adviser will get a red star.
AdministrativeReload wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pmWhy is this an "alleged" shooter anyway? Is there any question?
At the time I sourced the initial link for this topic, I did not have additional info. Even then, media outlets were editing their posted articles to change details. So I went with "alleged."
INVICTVS138 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:41 pm ...
He’s such an attention whore, disgustingly so. He’s a terrible candidate for TX gov. That fascist Abbott is going to trounce him with these antics. “Hell yeah we are gonna take your AR-15.”

When are the TX Dems going to run a Pro gun candidate? They must love losing and choosing party orthodoxy over all else.
At that level? Never. Firearm prohibition is part of the Democratic party platform, and even though O'Rourke's old “Hell yeah we are gonna take your AR-15” mantra might sound ridiculous to firearm owners, it did make him, as the quote above says, a "Hero of the Party."

We are now seeing the Slimeballs coming out of the slime spreading disinformation and out and out lies.
U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) is being criticized after falsely identifying the Uvalde, Texas shooter who massacred 19 children and two adults at an elementary school as being a "leftist," undocumented, and LGBTQ.
Many hours earlier Texas GOP Governor Greg Abbott had specifically said at a news conference the shooter (NCRM will not name him here) was a U.S. citizen. There is no indication he was "transsexual," as Gosar falsely claimed, or "leftist."
https://www.rawstory.com/avowed-white- ... ocumented/

Some of the slime party doesn’t have an idea when to keep their asshole closed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

highdesert wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 pm It was stupid of O'Rourke to tell all Americans that he supported coming for their guns at the Democratic presidential debate in 2019, this tactic was just as stupid. He consistently trails Abbott in the race for governor.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7376.html
He’s an idiot, I won’t vote for an idiot.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I will vote for an idiot over a winger any day and twice on election day. Screw Abbott! The picture from the news conference had ALL the Texas assholes in one place on the dais! A groupie mug shot of political trash.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

sikacz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:48 pm
highdesert wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 pm It was stupid of O'Rourke to tell all Americans that he supported coming for their guns at the Democratic presidential debate in 2019, this tactic was just as stupid. He consistently trails Abbott in the race for governor.
Then you can't vote for Abbott either because his is just as much an idiot, if not more so.

Resume wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:28 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:08 pm That’s the beauty of a democracy and expressing your voice.
Too bad there are many GOP-ers attempting (still!) to overturn the results of the last expression of democracy.
That's a problem alright. Perhaps if there was more than two voices it wouldn't be as big an issue.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Resume wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 pm
Then you can't vote for Abbott either because his is just as much an idiot, if not more so.
What makes you think I would ever vote for a republican. You must be new here. Just to clarify this is the Liberal Gun Club, not the Democratic Party Gun Club.

sikacz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:37 pm
Resume wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 pm
What makes you think I would ever vote for a republican. You must be new here. Just to clarify this is the Liberal Gun Club, not the Democratic Party Gun Club.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you'd actually vote for Abbott, just saying he's an idiot. As far as a third party candidate, are there any that could actually give Abbott a run?