Re: Solar Cooking

SubRosa wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:26 am I just throw the burgers on the dashboard for a quarter hour, roll up the windows, and voila!

SR
Haha!
Yup, used to do that when working new construction. Throw the burrito on the dash for an hour.
If there's a black vehicle around, spray some cooking oil on the hood and scramble some eggs or toss on a steak.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Solar cookers should be in everyone's preps. There are many kinds and styles. I keep studying them, but when I make up my mind to get one, a new style comes out and I wait to hear how efficient it is.

I've often heard guys say that when the SHTF they are going to hunt. Yet history teaches that when everyone hunts, the game in hunted out in a month of two. It will be the same way with firewood. Every twig will be burned up for cooking with those stupid rocket stoves. That's where a solar cooker will shine!!! (pun absolutely intended)

There are tons of YouTubes about different brands, and homemade models. The one with the glass tube looks to be the most efficient. But it seems that a glass tube in SHTF wouldn't last long. I feel I would need something tougher. There are some klunky but sturdy models that might be better. I've even heard of people putting aluminium foil on a satellite dish.
And of course, I haven't bought one yet cause I keep spending my money on.......well, you know!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Depressing thought. Scarcity of resources will happen fast. Simply put I’m not optimistic that any scenario will be a great solution since people will quickly begin to fight over resources if no other controlling mechanisms exist. Certainly a solar stove will keep a person more prepared and if life becomes nomadic then it’s at least a portable solution.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.