Re: "How To Murder Your Husband" novelist convicted of murdering her husband

Data from U.S. crime reports suggest that about 1 in 5 homicide victims are killed by an intimate partner. The reports also found that over half of female homicide victims in the U.S. are killed by a current or former male intimate partner.
https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/ ... tfact.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Crimes of passion are just that, not exactly shot through with penetrating ideas. Even in this case where one partner had schemed for weeks and months to plan a murder of their spouse, it seems surprising but understandable that time doesn’t always introduce alternative ideas (of divorce?) when the mind is set on rails toward a determined goal.

No, we never understand why anyone would scheme to murder someone else. Here’s hoping we never do.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

It's been my understanding that a crime of passion is one that occurs "in the heat of the moment" rather than over the course of many days, or months, of planning.
But then, who among us is wiser through the passage of time, in these matters of the heart...or loins, as the case may be?
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Sometimes divorce doesn't end the hate, the famous case of San Diego socialite Betty Broderick. She was the first wife, the "breeding" wife of Daniel Broderick III who was a San Diego physician and lawyer (Cornell med and Harvard law,) who divorced Betty and married Linda his "trophy" wife. Betty shot and killed Daniel and Linda.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Broderick
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Addendum to my tale of woe at https://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB ... 66#p868966 . Re this lady, Betty Broderick and other scorned women, I discovered later on that my ex had called the draft board to enhance my chances of being drafted during Vietnam war. If she hadn't done this I would have remained IIIA and turned 26. I didn't know she did this until after we remarried and I was reclassed IIIA from IA. She regretted (so she said) doing this AFTER I was drafted. One of my few regrettable decisions made in my youthful time. Since then I have striven to end relationships on a good note - not always successfully. LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Well, this peaked my interest:
Prosecutors alleged Crampton Brophy had bought a “ghost gun”, an untraceable firearm kit, and swapped parts with a shop-bought handgun.
I wonder exactly what she replaced and her purpose in doing so? Which "gun" did she use? If she couldn't complete the kit, did she think swapping parts would make the store bought a Ghost Gun? That's not how that works (as, evidently, she found out).

Also very important, they "traced" an "untraceable ghost gun" to her. Who Knew!!

BKinzey wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:42 pm Well, this peaked my interest:
Prosecutors alleged Crampton Brophy had bought a “ghost gun”, an untraceable firearm kit, and swapped parts with a shop-bought handgun.
I wonder exactly what she replaced and her purpose in doing so? Which "gun" did she use? If she couldn't complete the kit, did she think swapping parts would make the store bought a Ghost Gun? That's not how that works (as, evidently, she found out).

Also very important, they "traced" an "untraceable ghost gun" to her. Who Knew!!
I tried not to pay attention to this on the local news, as they gave too much attention; but while the trail was going on, I believe it was reported that what she had done was buy a second barrel and slide. The idea was she intended to use one barrel for the murder then dispose of it so any bullet fired out of later it wouldn't match those from the murder.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Wino wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:04 am Male or female - I'll never understand killing a spouse rather than divorce, no matter the cost. Chances of getting away with it are slim to none.
Agreed, she should have just divorced him and called it a day. Now, she's in prison and I don't think she's happy about it. I really can't stand domestic violence, she's got what she has coming to her.