Re: 2022 Midterm Elections

featureless wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:17 am I don't doubt Republicans will take both.
All I can say if it happens, f the dems, they brought it on themselves. Keep choosing gun restrictionist billionaires over moderate to left gun owners. Pushing biden / bloomie agenda will not get them any more votes.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:31 pm If ya ain't gonna vote don't whine. And ya really ain't got no say in the matter cuz who cares what you think. Generally speaking. :tease:
Last part is is right. The first part not, who said they’re not voting. I’ll vote, it just won’t be a dem or republican. Can’t stand voting for authoritarian shitheads.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

i'm not optimistic about Midterms. I don't think Biden does himself any favors when normally left leaning media outlets quote him saying "Gas prices will stay high for as long as it takes." Every America is feeling pain at the pump and in their monthly finances. I don't see Roe or J6 hearings overriding this. The Generic Ballot is looking like 2010 or 2014.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/30/politics ... index.html

"Currently, both 92% of Republicans and 78% of Democrats are dissatisfied with the direction of the country – the highest number among Democrats since President Joe Biden took office last year.

Only 20% of Americans describe the nation’s economy as good, with 79% calling it poor, according to the AP-NORC poll. This sentiment, too, is relatively bipartisan, with both 90% of Republicans and 67% of Democrats describing the economy as poor."
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Voters don’t want President Biden or former President Trump on the ballot in 2024, according to a new Harvard Center for American Political Studies and Harris Poll. A majority of people surveyed in late June spurned the possibility of a Biden and Trump rematch in the next presidential election, but the survey did find that Trump is on stronger footing with his base. Seven in 10 people polled said Biden should not seek a second term.

45% said Biden is a bad president while 30% said he’s too old. A quarter of people said it’s time for a change. Asked whether Biden is “mentally fit to serve as President of the United States or do you have doubts about his fitness for office,” 60% of respondents said they have doubts about Biden’s fitness, including nine of 10 Republican respondents and more than a quarter of Democrats polled. In a potential Democratic primary, 30% of Democrats surveyed said they would support Biden. Vice President Kamala Harris polled at 18%, and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders was at 8%.

Six in ten voters say they don’t want Trump to run again. One in three polled said he will divide America. 36% said he’s erratic while 30% said Trump is responsible for the Capitol Riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The poll shows Trump is a clear favorite of GOP voters in a primary among other potential Republican nominees.

Among Republicans polled, 56% said they would vote for Trump in a primary. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was the next most popular choice among GOP voters, with 16%. Former Vice President Mike Pence polled at 7%.
https://www.axios.com/2022/07/02/biden- ... arris-poll

Harvard-Harris Poll:
https://harvardharrispoll.com/key-results-june/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

‘Join us in California.’ Gavin Newsom running a reelection ad — in Florida
Gov. Gavin Newsom is launching his first television ad of the general election on Monday, but not in California. The ad will air thousands of miles away, in Florida, further fueling speculation that he wants to run for president — or, at a minimum, to troll the state’s Republican leaders.

In the ad, Newsom contrasts the policies in California and Florida while images flash of former President Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis, potential 2024 presidential candidates.

“Freedom, it’s under attack in your state. Republican leaders, they’re banning books, making it harder to vote, restricting speech in classrooms, even criminalizing women and doctors,” Newsom says in the 30-second spot. “I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight, or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom — freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom from hate and the freedom to love.”
https://archive.ph/j9meE

If anyone ever doubted Newsom's political ambitions, he's not hiding it. He left out that there is no freedom to carry in CA.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:11 am
freedom to choose, freedom from hate and the freedom to love.”

If anyone ever doubted Newsom's political ambitions, he's not hiding it. He left out that there is no freedom to carry in CA.
It should be noted that CA released their report on hate crimes the day after the AG doxed gun owners. Freedom of choice also includes the 2nd amendment, you know, the choice to carry a gun for protection if you're a woman, minority or LGBTQ. Well, unless you're in California. Then there is no right to self determined self protection. You're at the mercy of the state, just like all women behind the red curtain. Fuck Newsom and Bonta.

featureless wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:20 pm
highdesert wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:11 am
freedom to choose, freedom from hate and the freedom to love.”

It should be noted that CA released their report on hate crimes the day after the AG doxed gun owners. Freedom of choice also includes the 2nd amendment, you know, the choice to carry a gun for protection if you're a woman, minority or LGBTQ. Well, unless you're in California. Then there is no right to self determined self protection. You're at the mercy of the state, just like all women behind the red curtain. Fuck Newsom and Bonta.
Newsom of course failed to mention the realities of moving to CA. FL has no state income tax while CA has a high one; CA also has a high sales tax, FL is lower; and CA has the highest gasoline tax in the US and then there are housing costs which are huge in CA. If someone has money to burn, then move to CA otherwise there are cheaper states that still have all those freedoms and more.https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-livi ... -ca/100000

Newsom is just wanting the rightwing Floridans to move to California to replace the right-wingers that left California for Texas. A high percentage of my neighbors are from California and every one of them had Trump signs in their yard during the last election.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm Newsom is just wanting the rightwing Floridans to move to California to replace the right-wingers that left California for Texas. A high percentage of my neighbors are from California and every one of them had Trump signs in their yard during the last election.
The Newsom campaign ad is focused on left wing Floridians, he's trying to entice them to move to California. If they have the money and feel the urge to move West then go for it, it will dent their wallets. Texas also has no state income tax so I can see it's appeal for people leaving CA, NV is similar. Some of those families that settled in CA during the Depression Dust Bowl, could be returning to the SW since CA is almost a dust bowl now with the drought.

highdesert wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:36 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm Newsom is just wanting the rightwing Floridans to move to California to replace the right-wingers that left California for Texas. A high percentage of my neighbors are from California and every one of them had Trump signs in their yard during the last election.
The Newsom campaign ad is focused on left wing Floridians, he's trying to entice them to move to California. If they have the money and feel the urge to move West then go for it, it will dent their wallets. Texas also has no state income tax so I can see it's appeal for people leaving CA, NV is similar. Some of those families that settled in CA during the Depression Dust Bowl, could be returning to the SW since CA is almost a dust bowl now with the drought.
They are just returning to their roots.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

RootsAction wrote in a press release that Biden has been “neither bold nor inspiring” since taking office early last year. And because his “prospects for winning re-election appear to be bleak,” it will launch the #DontRunJoe campaign on Nov. 9, one day after the midterm elections.

“In 2024 the United States will face the dual imperatives of preventing a Republican takeover of the White House and advancing a truly progressive agenda. The stakes could not be higher,” RootsAction wrote in the release. “The threat of a neofascist GOP has become all too obvious. Bold and inspiring leadership from the Oval Office will be essential.”

“With so much at stake, making [Biden] the Democratic Party’s standard-bearer in 2024 would be a tragic mistake,” the progressive group added.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... eelection/

I agree. Biden should capitalize on competency for the Democratic Party.

“I’m not exciting. We just keep the lights on so you can go surfing. And if that’s not exciting enough, go take up sky-diving. We’ll be here to warm up dinner when you return.”

I think that would especially work to attract Conservatives as well as the younger generation who is simply sick of the GOP hypocrisy.

Oh, the irony...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi