Re: Tragedies happen that don't involve guns.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:34 pm This morning I got the following message:
"Good morning everyone. I'm asking that we all take 5 minutes and pray for XXXXXXXX and her family. She lost her son, YYYYYYY, through the night. I know she can use all the strength and love we can give...thankyou all."

This is down in Abaco and the lady lives in our neighborhood. Her son was a nice kid who was interested in our VFD and firehouse. I think he was now 18 or 19. I just spoke with the lady last week. I have not learned yet how he died, but I doubt it was by gunshot. Condolences from everyone in the community, even from the US, have been pouring in.

I just got an update that suggests the young man died of The Bends, since there is a call island-wide to get a decompression chamber. Freeport has a de-commissioned one (WTF good is THAT???) but that's a plane flight away.

I hope he wasn't SCUBA diving for crawfish (Caribbean Lobster) because that's against Bahamian Law. Crawfish season opened 1 Aug and pretty much every able Bahamian is out lobstering.
I found out that the boy was only 16, was diving off a compressor, and was down 80'. In order to get HO insurance in the Bahamas, if you aren't a resident, you need a property manager. Turns out, she was on the dock when the boy came up and passed out. I didn't know this, but his mother is our prop. mgr's 1s cousin--that's what it's like in Abaco--EVERYONE is related somehow to everyone else.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Tragedies happen that don't involve guns.

featureless wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 am That's really sad, YT.
Yes, and knowing that his death was PREVENTABLE is the worst, but that's The Bahamas, and it's the direction the US is heading: The rich would rather pay to have their Lambos and Mercedes fixed, than pay taxes to have the roads fixed. 3rd World corrupt thinking.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."