Re: How’s the weather

Temps the rest of the week are expected to be 100+. The monsoonal weather continues, but no rain in the forecast. Yesterday was one "Flash Flood Warning" after another. The San Bernardino Mountains got hit over the weekend with heavy rains, sheriff's search and rescue were out rescuing hikers that got stranded when areas washed out and became piled with debris.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

We are suppose to cool down to the normal low 90s later this week with a chance of rain.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

73 degrees cloudy with chances of rain all week and highs only in the mid 90s. :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Low 70s here too and overcast, highs in the 90s skirting the century mark into next week. Nice walking this morning, there was a beautiful cool breeze. The days are getting shorter.

Finally had a proper thunder storm on Tuesday with thunder, lightning, hurricane force winds and RAIN and RAIN. The streets are full of dirt and debris, like a typical dusty Western town.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

22A6385C-6027-4CF1-AB26-634F76E4B0EE.jpeg
A bit cloudy yesterday! I participated in an event, our team consisted of three firms including the one I work for.
BE8586C1-030E-4B6A-899E-3945E92C0DD1.jpeg
I was totally exhausted after! Amazing the rain clouds went around us all day! LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Cloudy with intermittent rain and cooler temps. Suppose to rain all week. We have flood warning, not due to the amount of rain, but because so much of the ground is so hard from the heat it can't absorb the water quickly enough.

Bisbee wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:03 pm That’s great SikaCZ!
It was fun and my first time doing one. It’s not as easy as one might think. The high ones tend to collapse if it’s not properly watered and compacted.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

The high ones tend to collapse if it’s not properly watered and compacted.
Ah yes, I think I’ve read that in, “The Tao of Sandcastles”.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Hey, Sika, that looks like it was great fun. I'm sure there was a bit of sand in a hot dog somewhere that day.

Weather here is we might miss a 100 degree day today. Our local paper keeps track of the over 100 days this year. 29.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:17 pm Hey, Sika, that looks like it was great fun. I'm sure there was a bit of sand in a hot dog somewhere that day.

Weather here is we might miss a 100 degree day today. Our local paper keeps track of the over 100 days this year. 29.

CDFingers
There was sand everywhere, and most likely in the food! We had BBQ, tacos and what nots. Lots of water, drinks including some beer. Kept my beers to two and mostly water. I had long shower after.

sikacz wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:22 pm
CDFingers wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:17 pm Hey, Sika, that looks like it was great fun. I'm sure there was a bit of sand in a hot dog somewhere that day.

CDFingers
There was sand everywhere, and most likely in the food! We had BBQ, tacos and what nots. Lots of water, drinks including some beer. Kept my beers to two and mostly water. I had long shower after.
Fun Day plus sandcastles. Years ago a town I lived in had a "sandcastle show" at the local mall with demonstrations and experts. I never realized what went into making one.

Rain yesterday and today with forecast for rain the rest of the week and most of next week. :bananadance: :bananadance: :mbounce:

TT - from news this AM, seems you got an abundance of rain with flooding.

We're expecting storms late afternoon into tomorrow. Most everything so far north, south, east, west of SATX - or all around, but not here other than a few scattered.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino that was south of Denton mainly in the Dallas Fort Worth areas. That could change as we have a thunderstorm moving in right now from the west.

Not surprised, storm after storm that have passed over here have tripped the "flash flood warning" sent to all mobiles in the region. I know Texas also gets storms from Gulf. Every morning a new storm and probably more to come and heading east. Stay safe everyone !

highdesert wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:10 pm Not surprised, storm after storm that have passed over here have tripped the "flash flood warning" sent to all mobiles in the region. I know Texas also gets storms from Gulf. Every morning a new storm and probably more to come and heading east. Stay safe everyone !
The Gulf has been quiet except for the area down in the Yucatan. These storms came from the west in the monsoon area and a front from the north.

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:39 pm
highdesert wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:10 pm Not surprised, storm after storm that have passed over here have tripped the "flash flood warning" sent to all mobiles in the region. I know Texas also gets storms from Gulf. Every morning a new storm and probably more to come and heading east. Stay safe everyone !
The Gulf has been quiet except for the area down in the Yucatan. These storms came from the west in the monsoon area and a front from the north.
The last two days we've had storms pass over in the afternoons tripping the "Flash Flood Warnings" that run until at least 6:30 pm PDT. No rain but it gets dark.

Fickle weather. We had 67 days without rain. But with the rain we had in August it set a record as the wettest August since records were recorded in the DFW area of Texas.

Edit in the record book this has been the tenth wettest summer, due to the rain in August.

High today was supposed to be 93F, but it's in the mid 80s right now. Cloudy when I was out early this morning walking, those clouds moved out and more big fluffy rain clouds are passing over going east. Y'all stay safe !