Re: FBI Raids Trump/Mar-A-Lago!

By the time the redactions are done there will probably be 90 percent black ink on each page counting the margins.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Everybody on both sides are going on and on about the security of the Documents at Mar-a-lago. I have a question about the security. What happens when a hurricane hits that area of Florida? With the recent rise in sea levels Mar-a-lago is 16 feet above mean sea level. Have a high tide and hurricane storm surge and you can forget about having to flush the document down the toilet.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Prior to Thursday, the only information about the laws agents believed Trump may have broken came from the warrant itself, which was unsealed last Friday.

It listed broad federal statutes Trump may have violated, including the Espionage Act. More specific information was found in Thursday's documents.

They showed that the FBI believes that Trump may be guilty of the willful retention of national defense information, concealment or removal of government records, and obstruction of federal investigation.

Bradley P. Moss, a national security attorney, told Insider that the new documents "clarify but ultimately do not change much" of what we previously knew.
https://www.businessinsider.com/mar-a-l ... ump-2022-8

Some coffins require many more nails than others. As many as it takes, I say.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Trump's latest legal challenge is evidence that his lawyers are 'flailing about':

Reacting to a late Friday statement from Donald Trump's lawyers that they will vociferously challenge the search of Mar-a-Lago almost two weeks ago on 4th Amendment grounds, a former federal prosecutor laughed off the legal threat and said their legal challenge means they are grasping at straws.
Full Story https://www.rawstory.com/trump-lawyers-flailing/

They are grasping at straws when they claim this was an illegal search and seizure. Under the Fourth Amendment. His defense lawyers have nothing left and he is looking at a trial and conviction on multiple charges.

His only chance of staying out of jail would be publicly saying I am sorry I was wrong and please take all the stuff I took from the White House and I will not run for any office or support any other candidate for any office. I will retire from public life to my golf course.

But that will never happen because TOS believes he can never do anything wrong and is not guilty of any wrongdoing even when the facts show different. He believes he is better than anybody.

Trump's lawyers had to come up with a strategy to please their client that fits in with Trump playing his victim card. The FBI investigated and presented a case to the USA who obtained a warrant, seems everything was done according to Hoyle. Trump is still trying to find the mole if there is one.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When things don't go the way TOS wants them to go, he always plays the victim card. "Mommy, those mean old men are picking on me."

In the TOS world view there are three rules.

Rule Number One- The Donald is infallible and always right and can do no wrong.
Rule Number Two- When it looks like that The Donald is wrong or doing something illegal refer back to Rule One.
Rule Number Three- When The Donald wants something and takes it, It then becomes his property, no matter who or what owned it before him.

Bisbee wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:32 pm I’ve been out doing “field research” in the hinterlands of Eastern Oregon. People there are not all crazy. But they do feel “left behind” by the economy and culture as a whole. They feel disrespected and undervalued. It’s not exactly what you would expect given the bluster and threats of violence. Our country is not really as “irrevocable” as the media plays it out to be (to sell advertisements). But those same media outlets are affecting people’s perceptions in the absence of wider education and real contact with fellow Americans from the outside their lonely lives.
Oh? Beautiful country - what kind of research? Spent a lot of my youth out there, and I'm not sure it's accurate to say the economy left them behind. It never arrived in the first place. Ranching, logging, mining - almost everything was resource extraction to benefit people who didn't live there. We talk about colonialism in international context, but the urban vs. rural divide in America has colonial overtones as well. The dry siders are absolutely exploited for their resources and otherwise ignored.

Not sure that the Left Coast urban conglomerations really have all that much in common with the ACELA corridor culturally. There's still a lot of resentment of the East Coast's presumption of cultural superiority. It's not just right-wing bugnuts that think the West would be better off on its own.

highdesert wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:02 am Trump's lawyers had to come up with a strategy to please their client that fits in with Trump playing his victim card. The FBI investigated and presented a case to the USA who obtained a warrant, seems everything was done according to Hoyle. Trump is still trying to find the mole if there is one.
4th Amendment..wonder who drew the cartoon to explain to the orange turd what the 4th amendment was.
Probable cause and a legal search warrant..I'll be willing to bet the DOJ legion of lawyers dotted all 'i's', crossed every 't' with regard to this.

The 4A stuff is more red meat to his ever shrinking basket of deplorables...

I find it amusingly ironic a loser is mocking other election losers or people losing their gigs. FDT

They should raid his condo in Turd Tower, too. Let's get this shit show on the road and throw in the dumpster fire this orange dick started.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Judge appears poised to keep much of Mar-a-Lago affidavit sealed – to protect Trump

Federal magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart in a published a 13-page written order released Monday morning says one of the reasons to not unseal the affidavit used to justify the search warrant for Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence is doing so might hamper efforts used to protect the former president.

Judge Reinhardt’s order offers several reasons for and against unsealing the affidavit.

Politico senior legal affairs reporter Kyle Cheney notes “Trump’s own personal safety” is one of the reasons Reinhart offers for not unsealing the affadavit.
Full article here: https://www.alternet.org/2022/08/trump-2657896930/

I can see the viewpoint of the Judge in keeping it sealed. Also that will slap down those that want it opened. If they continue to say they want it opened then the rebuttal should be made, you want to endanger TOS’s life or limb?

Early data show the Mar-a-Lago search may have bolstered former President Trump's strength in a potential 2024 GOP primary, even though his fight with the FBI could mean vast new legal jeopardy. An NBC News poll out Sunday shows Trump tightening his hold on Republicans. Several polls show him rising against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who had been surging in key states. Several anti-Trump GOP strategists say they're worried the FBI search put wind in Trump’s sails. A source close to Trump says the fundraising effect has been "yuge," reengaging donors in the biggest way since he left office. To juice up the base, Trump's fundraising texts and emails accuse the FBI of "breaking into my home," even though agents had a search warrant.

When Trump was fading from the news cycle, Republicans were able to focus on criticisms of the left — COVID regulations, educational practices, accusations of media bias. Those played to DeSantis' strengths, and even allowed him to get to Trump's right on some issues. Since the search, Trump is once again at the center of attention. He has once again been able to align his own personal grievances with the Republican base — that a "Deep State" bureaucracy is out to get him. Many Republicans fighting November's battle for the House and Senate are nervous about having midterms become more about Trump, when they want the conversation to be all about inflation.

Having Trump back at the center of the Republican Party conversation, they fear, means the party is looking backward — a tough way to win an election. FBI property receipts say agents carted away boxes of top-secret and other classified documents. And the search warrant says he was being investigated for potential Espionage Act violations. So Trump's legal peril could make any political dividends moot. Several new polls show a rally effect for Trump. A poll released last week by Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire shows Trump once again in a commanding primary position over DeSantis, 50%-29%. In June, a University of New Hampshire poll was the first in a wave of surveys to show DeSantis with momentum against Trump. DeSantis and Trump were statistically tied.

Sunday's NBC News poll asked GOP voters whether they’re more of a supporter of Trump, or of the Republican Party. Trump support spiked: 41% said they support Trump more than the party — up 7 points this summer. In May, 58% of Republicans said they identified more with the party, 34% with Trump. These polls reflect the Republican mindset of "the more 'they' hate him, the more I love him" — an effect Trump instinctively recognizes and exploits.
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/22/trump- ... fbi-search
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Michael Cohen is saying TFG planned to blackmail the FBI and DOJ with releasing documents CRUCIAL to National Security to his pals in Russia, China, North Korea, etc, being willing to bring down the entire nation to save his fat ass.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:44 pm Michael Cohen is saying TFG planned to blackmail the FBI and DOJ with releasing documents CRUCIAL to National Security to his pals in Russia, China, North Korea, etc, being willing to bring down the entire nation to save his fat ass.
I think we need a big, single-slice toaster.

CDFingers

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:44 pm Michael Cohen is saying TFG planned to blackmail the FBI and DOJ with releasing documents CRUCIAL to National Security to his pals in Russia, China, North Korea, etc, being willing to bring down the entire nation to save his fat ass.
That would be an easy one...called tre45on...I'm wondering, after reviewing all the 300 classified documents, how much of that information will show up in russian, chinese, israeli, SA intel....

45 is not one to make photocopies. Anything already sold to foreign government spy agencies would be the original document in the original “Top Secret” stamped manila-folder to impress the buyer. It would go down like a Craigslist sale, original documents for cash or trades or just nasty little favors in hotel rooms.

No, I am not having fun imagining the details. Really, I’m not. It is just my professional responsibility as a writer to do so.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

This order is hilarious': Legal experts erupt after judge 'basically' tells Team Trump 'they need to do better'
Former President Trump and his legal team have filed a motion asking a federal judge to pause the FBI's review of alleged classified documents taken from his Mar-a-Lago resort so a neutral special master can be appointed to inspect them.
But in a new development this Tuesday, the judge overseeing the case gave Trump and his legal team until Friday to give more specifics as to why they think their motion should be granted.

"Judge Aileen Cannon seems skeptical about Trump's lawsuit over the search of Mar-a-Lago, including what exactly he is trying to do and why he filed a separate case instead of just asking Judge Bruce Reinhart to address his grievances in the existing matter," explained New York Times reporter Charlie Savage.
As CBS News' Steven Portnoy pointed out, the judge wants Trump's legal team to provide "the asserted basis for the exercise of this Court's jurisdiction," "the precise relief sought, including any request for injunctive relief," and the "the effect, if any, of the proceeding before" Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart.
https://www.rawstory.com/legal-expert- ... lago-case/

I can just see the judges in his chambers. :roflmao:

This was effectively the legal world version of a cat burying poop in the sand and walking away.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:08 pm This was effectively the legal world version of a cat burying poop in the sand and walking away.
When you have 40-45 year history of a) not listening to your lawyers and b) not paying them, it's a wonder he can even get shit lawyers to work for him.
And Oozy Rudy can't even lawyer for him anymore--soon the same will be true of Sidney Powell and the rest of the cast of TrumpStone Kops.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:54 pm
Bisbee wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:08 pm This was effectively the legal world version of a cat burying poop in the sand and walking away.
When you have 40-45 year history of a) not listening to your lawyers and b) not paying them, it's a wonder he can even get shit lawyers to work for him.
And Oozy Rudy can't even lawyer for him anymore--soon the same will be true of Sidney Powell and the rest of the cast of TrumpStone Kops.
I read where trump is now saying he 'needed' these documents for his 'memoir'...which is hilarious as well..First, he can't write, second, nobody would publish this fiction.
Yup, TRE45ON....Not sure why anybody is surprised by trump's idiot lawyers..not sure why anybody would actually work for this loser.

Now I have a question I’m sure the FBI is looking into, where Elise has TOS stashed other Classified Documents or even other presidential records. Now we read there are secret tunnels leading to other properties close to the main structure at Mar-a-lago.

https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-mar-a-lago/

Has the FBI checked Trump Tower or Bedminster? What has been buried there. Besides his first wife?

It appears the orange lawyers admit he took the docs illegally. Winning.
Donald Trump’s lawyers have indicated that he unlawfully retained official government documents after losing the presidential election and not handing the papers over to national archivists.

In a motion submitted earlier this week, the former president’s legal team argued that some of the documents seized by the FBI in a search of Trump’s Florida resort could be subject to executive privilege. They are seeking the appointment of a so-called special master to determine what materials the justice officials can review.

“It’s not clear that executive privilege would even be relevant to the particular crime he’s being investigated for and yet in this filing, he basically admits that he is in possession of them, which is what the government is trying to establish,” said Asha Rangappa, a former FBI agent and former associate dean at Yale law school.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 1661336667

I believe cuffing and stuffing is in order in this situation.

CDFingers

A federal judge in Florida has given former President Donald Trump until Friday to refine the legal arguments in his request for a special master to oversee the review of evidence gathered in the Mar-a-Lago search. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon in the Southern District of Florida ordered Trump's lawyers to elaborate on their arguments for why the court has the ability to step in at this time, explain what exactly Trump is asking for and whether the Justice Department has been served with Trump's special master motion. Cannon also asked Trump's team to weigh in on any effect the request might have on a separate review conducted by a magistrate judge into whether any portions of the still-sealed FBI affidavit laying out probable cause for the search can be released.

The judge's order showcases many of the ways that the complaint filed by Trump fell short of what would have been expected of a court submission asking for the appointment of a special master-- particularly in a search as high-stakes as the one FBI executed at Mar-a-Lago earlier this month. "What's she saying is, 'What are you doing in front of me?'" Mark Schnapp, a criminal defense lawyer in Florida who spent seven years working for the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida, told CNN.

Trump waited two weeks to make such a request, raising eyebrows because of how far along in the process the Justice Department likely is in reviewing what it seized at Mar-a-Lago. (For the review, the Justice Department is using what's known as "taint team," which is a group of prosecutors not working on the probe in question who filter out materials that should not be handed over to investigators. And when Trump did file his request with the court, the complaint leaned heavily into political accusations, while being light on the sort of legal discussion that would explain to a court why it should intervene and what authority it had to do so. When Trump's lawyers did cite the court rules they said gave the judge the authority to grant the request, they cited the rules of civil procedure, without any explanation for why those rules should be applied in a context concerning a criminal search warrant.

Trump also did not file with the complaint the kind of separate request -- such as a motion for a temporary restraining order or a preliminary injunction -- that would have sped up the timeline for the judge to consider what Trump was asking for. Nor did Trump's legal team file any declarations -- i.e. statements from the lawyers who were said to have interacted with the Justice Department in the lead-up and after the search -- to back up the complaint's factual assertions. Instead, the complaint retread allegations about the FBI's investigation into Russia's 2016 election interference, while sensationally suggesting that the DOJ's actions were motivated by a desire to hinder a Trump 2024 presidential run. It also included the full text of a warning Trump supposedly sought to deliver through his lawyers to Attorney General Merrick Garland.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/politics ... index.html

When you have a reputation for burning creditors, you're stuck with "B" level lawyers.