California Sub-Chapter

treelogger wrote:Oh, this is it? Sorry about wasting your time.
If you’re an LGC member (on the webpage, not just the forum), you should see “LGC Forums” at the bottom of the main board page, then “LGC Local” and then “LGC California.” If you are an LGC member and don’t see it, you may need to PM a moderator with your LGC member number for them to give you access.
“If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” -Robert Capa

Re: California Sub-Chapter

This is a pretty old post, so hoping this gets viewed. I'm trying to message the admins about being added to the Member areas and So Cal areas, but both of my messages are in the Outbox. Hoping that's not an error of some kind.
"As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?" ~ David Bowie

dang1 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 pm hello, it's been a while since I've been around here. This is this CA sub-forum Member area, correct? I'm able to be in this sub-forum because when last I frequented the LGC forums, I asked and supposedly was added to the CA sub-forum
I believe this is just the thread about the CA Sub Chapter, but it's my understanding that it is it's own sub category in the Board Index.

BTW, I've sent messages to Moderators but both attempts are still showing in my "Outbox". Is that how it looks until they log in and accept the message? I can't remember the last time I was on a board/forum like this.
"As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?" ~ David Bowie

Admin here. here is looking to join the CA subforum? I see a few potential people above.

If you want access to the member's only area please send me a direct message with your LGC membership number and I willn get you taken care of.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:11 pm Admin here. here is looking to join the CA subforum? I see a few potential people above.

If you want access to the member's only area please send me a direct message with your LGC membership number and I willn get you taken care of.
Awesome. I sent you a PM, but it still says it's in my Outbox. Is that normal?

bigstones wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:37 am We need to keep those gloating Texans out of our sub forum.

How about an authentication code?

First person: Gavin Newsom is really an asshole!

Response: He may even be worse than Dianne Feinstein.

That way we will know they are Californians.
LMAO

I know this is an old post, but it made me laugh

MrJ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:20 pm
bigstones wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:37 am We need to keep those gloating Texans out of our sub forum.

How about an authentication code?

First person: Gavin Newsom is really an asshole!

Response: He may even be worse than Dianne Feinstein.

That way we will know they are Californians.
LMAO

I know this is an old post, but it made me laugh
Unfortunately the old safeguards no longer exist. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

MrJ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:26 pm Oh yeah. IE in the house here.
NOT
:tongue:

I'd like to be a part.
Long long ago I sometimes got to drive (was too much a backmarker to claim to be racing) the old track at Riverside. There were times when a race had to be paused because there were new sand dunes and tumbleweed chicanes added to the course.

Loved SoCal in the mid to late 1960s.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am
NOT

I'd like to be a part.
Long long ago I sometimes got to drive (was too much a backmarker to claim to be racing) the old track at Riverside. There were times when a race had to be paused because there were new sand dunes and tumbleweed chicanes added to the course.

Those were the golden years, for sure, the orange grove years. I started moving north from there in 71.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:59 am
NOT

I'd like to be a part.

Those were the golden years, for sure, the orange grove years. I started moving north from there in 71.

CDFingers

I moved from North to South a few years after the Riverside Raceway closed and was sold to developers, a common story in Southern California. It's under the Moreno Valley Mall. Fontana Speedway opened in 1997, now called Auto Club Speedway. It will close when the property becomes too valuable and it's sold to developers. I grew up going to the Vallejo Speedway which no longer exists, it closed in 1979. I assume it's under some houses in Vallejo.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:59 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:59 am
NOT

I'd like to be a part.

CDFingers

I moved from North to South a few years after the Riverside Raceway closed and was sold to developers, a common story in Southern California. It's under the Moreno Valley Mall. Fontana Speedway opened in 1997, now called Auto Club Speedway. It will close when the property becomes too valuable and it's sold to developers. I grew up going to the Vallejo Speedway which no longer exists, it closed in 1979. I assume it's under some houses in Vallejo.
Riverside Raceway. Wow. I haven't thought about that in years.