"Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92"

Media tycoon Rupert Murdoch has announced his engagement to his partner Ann Lesley Smith, a former police chaplain. Mr Murdoch, 92, and Ms Smith, 66, met in September at an event at his vineyard in California. The businessman told the New York Post, one of his own publications: "I dreaded falling in love - but I knew this would be my last. It better be. I'm happy." He split with fourth wife Jerry Hall last year.

Mr Murdoch added that he proposed to Ms Smith on St Patrick's Day, noting that he was "one fourth Irish" and had been "very nervous". Ms Smith's late husband was Chester Smith, a country singer and radio and TV executive. "For us both it's a gift from God. We met last September," she told the New York Post. "I'm a widow of 14 years. Like Rupert, my husband was a businessman... So I speak Rupert's language. We share the same beliefs."

Mr Murdoch, who has six children from his first three marriages, added: "We're both looking forward to spending the second half of our lives together." The wedding will take place in late summer and the couple will spend their time between California, Montana, New York and the UK. Mr Murdoch was previously married to Australian flight attendant Patricia Booker, Scottish-born journalist Anna Mann, and Chinese-born entrepreneur Wendi Deng.
https://www.bbc.com/news/65012754
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: "Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92"

The Murdochs are worth over $20 billion so he has the best healthcare money can buy, plus he has some good genes. He's still working, running Fox News and managing the News Corp board and he was smart enough to cut ties with Trump. I'm sure there is a pre-nup to protect the Murdoch holdings for Lachlan, James and the other kids.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 am The Murdochs are worth over $20 billion so he has the best healthcare money can buy, plus he has some good genes. He's still working, running Fox News and managing the News Corp board and he was smart enough to cut ties with Trump. I'm sure there is a pre-nup to protect the Murdoch holdings for Lachlan, James and the other kids.
Rupert is a lot of unmentionable things, but NOBODY has ever accused him of being stupid.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:29 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 am The Murdochs are worth over $20 billion so he has the best healthcare money can buy, plus he has some good genes. He's still working, running Fox News and managing the News Corp board and he was smart enough to cut ties with Trump. I'm sure there is a pre-nup to protect the Murdoch holdings for Lachlan, James and the other kids.
Rupert is a lot of unmentionable things, but NOBODY has ever accused him of being stupid.
I agree YT, plus billionaires have plenty of lawyers and accountants to protect their interests.