October Postal Match

This is open to any pistol with open sites. It is meant to be done from a standing position. All targets are to be shot at a distance of 15 feet. Final judgment on scores is up to me. The prize is a nice new LGC bumper sticker.

October makes me think of fall, fall makes me think of festivals and carnivals. Which leads us to our current match.

There are 2 targets:

1) http://www.tgscom.com/images/sharedimag ... allery.pdf

and

2) http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/upload ... l_star.pdf

Your task:

Target 1) - you are allowed one shot at each duck. Shots in the yellow body of the duck are worth 2 points each. Shots in the red ring are 5 points each, shots in the black circle are 10 points - for a maximum possible 90 points.

Target 2) - You are to try to clear all the red. You are allowed the following # of shots depending on the caliber you are shooting:

.22, .25 or similar = 13 shots
.357, 9mm or similar = 8 shots
.44, .45 or similar = 7 shots

Your score: Anyone clearing more than half of the red gets 5 points. If you clear all of the red you get 10 points. If you clear more than anyone else does then you get 2 bonus points.

3) Additional points -
2 bonus points if you are a member of The LGC
If more than 1 LGC member shoots these together then everyone gets extra points ( 2 extra points for every LGC member that shoots with you).

If anyone other than Paladin wins I will throw in a subscription to American Gun Culture Report (sorry Paladin).

This is a relatively easy competition that I have tried to scale for different pistols. You can shoot at these targets with almost anything. Someone needs to beat Paladin - this is the match to do it in.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Re: October Postal Match

If anyone other than Paladin wins I will throw in a subscription to American Gun Culture Report (sorry Paladin).

This is a relatively easy competition that I have tried to scale for different pistols. You can shoot at these targets with almost anything. Someone needs to beat Paladin - this is the match to do it in.

Always trying to keep a brother down. :x
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:

Always trying to keep a brother down. :x

All the more crappy because the star 'shoot out' was your idea and I failed to give you credit.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Come on people enter the contest.

I am probably not going to be able to shoot the course.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:Come on people enter the contest.

I am probably not going to be able to shoot the course.

Oh, I didn't mention it but these are all due by midnight on October 31st - which pretty much doesn't bode well for anyone.

What do you mean you can't shoot it ?? You have a month!!

To hell with it, I might enter this one - someone needs to kick your target shooting ass - and I think me and my woodsman can do it :)

I think its going to be difficult to do actually, lets hope I hit that damn star a couple of times. But at least with the .22 I get 13 tries :)
- Lord Byron

EdGardner wrote:I just realized this was for any pistol. I may take that definition liberally and use a .177 in the basement, since thats the only place I can shoot at 15 feet.

Sure.... I will even give you an extra round to use vs the .22. Have fun. Too bad I am winning this one. :)
- Lord Byron

EdGardner wrote:I have shot this with a .177 pistol.

I am going to see if I can get out of trick or treats next week to shoot this, even though I will have to turn my site off tho do it.

—Joe Strummer

Ok kiddies, remember you have one more day to shoot this. Its quick, easy and fun. Turn out has been light - give it a go (even if you suck) you might win something. Plus, you are only mailing it to me - I won't tell everyone that you can't hit the broad side of a barn, its our little secret ;)

Remember, this is supposed to be a way to get you to the range to improve your skills. Sometimes they are just fun and sometimes they are focusing on certain skills - in other words, doing these might actually improve your shooting. Give em a go.

AND..... this can be done with ANY handgun without a scope. There is no excuse. Everyone here has a handgun.
- Lord Byron

Alas it does not look good for me to shoot this.

But november I will be back.

—Joe Strummer

Depending on how Mark reconsiles my score, that's not terribly different from me. I am so not a precision shooter :)

I can hit chest sized targets to 25 yards with most pistols I have fired. But that particular shooting skill is different from what is required in most of these events :)

So submit your target :)

Same thing with me. I just don't have a patience, nor physical ability to completely calm my body. There's too much tremor and jerking going on. Of course, I'm talking about unsupported, standing two-hand grip. I already threw away those targets. I might go tomorrow again and make one more try.
"It works.........Bitches"

mvelimir wrote:Same thing with me. I just don't have a patience, nor physical ability to completely calm my body. There's too much tremor and jerking going on. Of course, I'm talking about unsupported, standing two-hand grip. I already threw away those targets. I might go tomorrow again and make one more try.

You are way over thinking your shots.

Whenever I start shooting I send a target 15-20 ft away and just point and shoot 10-15 shots gets the jitters out of you.

Then I start to focus in on scoring.

You would be surprised how close your first point of aim is, I try to squeeze off my shot as soon as I think I have it on target if I wait and F around it is off.

Take that for what it is worth most people think I shoot too fast.

—Joe Strummer