Bald eagles Jackie & Shadow are caring for 3 eggs near Big Bear, CA. Live Cam

The celebrated bald eagle couple Jackie and Shadow are currently caring for three eggs in their nest, monitored by fans on camera thanks to Friends of Big Bear Valley.

A pip is a tiny hole or crack made by the chick inside indicating he or she is ready to emerge.

Experts say after pips appear, hatching can take between one and three days. It's not always guaranteed. Fans who watch the nest online have been disappointed in the past when eggs have failed to hatch or have been snatched by predators.
https://abc7.com/big-bear-eagles-jackie ... /14480578/

In the distance is Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains, west of Los Angeles. it's windy and the winds won't clear out until Sunday. Big Bear City is over 6700 ft elevation, looks like most of the snow has melted. Winter storm warning from 10 pm tonight until 6 am Sunday, so they'll get some snow.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Bald eagles Jackie & Shadow are caring for 3 eggs near Big Bear, CA. Live Cam

I love watching eagles! There are a couple nesting pairs within a fifty mile radius of me, and several more a few hours' drive away (Land Between the Lakes, western Kentucky).

My sister once lived on an island in Puget Sound, and reported that the eagles there were almost as common as crows are here. THAT would be amazing!
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: Bald eagles Jackie & Shadow are caring for 3 eggs near Big Bear, CA. Live Cam

They're beautiful birds to watch. A friend saw quite a few of them fishing in the Olympic National Park in Washington and got some amazing pics. Big Bear is about 65 miles from where I live if I take the back route, which has less switchbacks than the normal road.

Sun is up and they got snow, we just got really strong winds.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan