Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:31 pm
highdesert wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:16 pm No former US president has been convicted of a crime, Trump would be the first. I expect we'll see a lot more indictments of former presidents of both parties in the future.

Nixon was "an unindicted co-conspirator", Clinton lied to a grand jury, FDR's incarcerating Japanese-Americans, the Harding administration was full of scandals that he likely benefited from, Lincoln took a lot of actions that were illegal...
Both Pierce and Grant were arrested, Pierce for running over a woman on his horse, and Grant, twice, for speeding in his carriage. Both were President at the time. Pierce's case was settled out of court, and Grant paid a $20 bond. If he used a gold double eagle, the gold alone would, today be worth around $2,200.
Good catch YT, I knew about Grant but forgot about Pierce. Trump is in far deeper water with his felony indictments. This sets a precedent, I expect the next Republican administration will investigate previous Democratic presidents and won't hesitate to indict or imprison them.

Schumer yesterday engineered the votes to dismiss impeachment charges against Mayorkas. He could have referred it to a Senate committee where it would have eventually died. Or he could have let House managers and Mayorkas' lawyers present opening statements and then dismissed it, but no he dismissed it at the beginning. If Trump is elected and Democrats impeach him and Republicans control the Senate, I expect they'll dismiss the articles of impeachment when they receive them. Schumer's actions are precedent.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Ex-Trump Aide Details How Staffers Would Keep Former President Awake

Former Trump White House adviser Omarosa Manigault Newman on Thursday recalled the measures that fellow aides would take to prevent former President Donald Trump from falling asleep in meetings and ceremonies.

The one-time “Apprentice” contestant-turned-Trump critic explained that because her former boss ― who reportedly preferred intelligence briefings full of pictures ― “cannot focus, nor can he sit still for long,” they would build events “specifically to address his attention deficit.”

“We would break up the events so that he could be stimulated and not fall asleep,” Newman remembered to MSNBC’s Jason Johnson.

“We could slide him different information or news articles that he could read while the long proceedings were going on, anything to keep him focused so that he wouldn’t just get up and walk out,” she added.

Newman suggested Trump will find it difficult, therefore, to sit through his current hush money trial, where proceedings can be “very boring.”

He’s already reportedly fallen asleep in court, she noted.

It is “highly likely” Trump will “blow up” when hearing testimony he doesn’t like, she added, saying the “worst place you can allow Trump to be Trump is in a courtroom.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/omarosa- ... 06be1650d9

Maybe TOS is in his second childhood. He seems to act like a three to four year old. Actually this is very much like a person that is in early to mid stages of dementia with the same signs of sundowners as I posted before. I have see the same symptoms many times in the 40 years I worked in healthcare, but those that suffer with this are normally in a nursing facility or family member have them at home with the help of a home care agency, not running for president and making life or death decisions.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am
Ex-Trump Aide Details How Staffers Would Keep Former President Awake

It is “highly likely” Trump will “blow up” when hearing testimony he doesn’t like, she added, saying the “worst place you can allow Trump to be Trump is in a courtroom.”
And when he pops his top in the courtroom, we can only hope the judge holds him in contempt. For once in his life Trump should face the consequences of his actions.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Trump warns 'Obama, Bush and Biden in big trouble' if his legal troubles don't vanish

Donald Trump rattled off a series of social media posts demanding presidential immunity and threatening his predecessors before heading into the fourth day of his criminal trial Friday.

The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments next week in Trump's appeal of his Washington, D.C., election subversion case, in which he claims to have broad immunity as a former president, and he issued what sounded like a threat to prosecute his immediate predecessors and his chief Democratic rival Joe Biden.

"If a President does not have Immunity, the Opposing Party, during his/her term in Office, can extort and blackmail the President by saying that, 'if you don’t give us everything we want, we will Indict you for things you did while in Office,' even if everything done was totally Legal and Appropriate," Trump posted on Truth Social.

"That would be the end of the Presidency, and our Country, as we know it, and is just one of the many Traps there would be for a President without Presidential Immunity."

"Obama, Bush, and soon, Crooked Joe Biden, would all be in BIG TROUBLE. If a President doesn’t have IMMUNITY, he/she will be nothing more than a 'Ceremonial' President, rarely having the courage to do what has to be done for our Country," the former president added. "This is not what the Founders had in mind! Protect Presidential Immunity. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Trump has previously threatened to have Biden indicted if he wins a second term in the White House, although presidents don't have that authority, and has often called for the jailing of his political opponents dating back to his 2016 campaign against Hillary Clinton.

"If immunity is not granted to a president, every president that leaves office will be immediately indicted by the opposing party," Trump posted in all-caps. "Without complete immunity, a president of the United States would not be able to properly function."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-threats-2667818635/

His big mouth this overloading his bigger ass. The wannabe Dicktator is letting us know what he will try and do if reelected president.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

"You gots a nice country here. Be a shame if something were to happen to it."

My guess is he can't do much damage from prison. His followers are cowards with not enough on the ball to pour sand out a golf shoe with instructions written between the cleats--if they have to get up off the couch, you can't count on anything other than a trip to the beer store.

CDF
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Well. It is the obvious course of action from now on. Does anyone here think this will stop just at trump. Every shady and questionable decision by a past president will be fair game. I think this is to be expected. You open up Pandora’s box and this is how it goes.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

There's no way to close the box and fix it now. This Republic has outgrown its britches. Trumps a prick but he's also a symptom of what's wrong with the Republic. He wants to make America great again with hate and lies. By cheating and manipulating people. Sadly, he's not the only one.

That said, a question for the history buffs: Do you know of any past Presidents who sought to steer America to Autocracy like Trump is doing?

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm There's no way to close the box and fix it now. This Republic has outgrown its britches. Trumps a prick but he's also a symptom of what's wrong with the Republic. He wants to make America great again with hate and lies. By cheating and manipulating people. Sadly, he's not the only one.

VooDoo
More less onboard with your comment. I’d say there’d be a slim chance of not going overboard with a complete rejection of the establishment parties. That’s not likely to happen as is very much demonstrated by opinions here as well other media. The bake is in the oven.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Crowds there have been small and largely orderly, but around 1:30 p.m. Friday a man there took out pamphlets espousing conspiracy theories, tossed them around, then doused himself in an accelerant and set himself on fire, officials and witnesses said.

A large number of police officers were nearby when it happened. Some officers and bystanders rushed to the man's aid. He was hospitalized in critical condition Friday afternoon.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... -109439127
“The pamphlets seemed to be propaganda-based, almost like a conspiracy theory-type of pamphlet,” New York Police Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny said. They included “some information in regards to Ponzi schemes and the fact that some of our local educational institutes are fronts for the mob,” he added.

Kenny noted that Azzarello posted on social media before he self-immolated on Friday afternoon. His online posts and profiles were being combed by police.
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/man- ... UD7LIFVDU/
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

The man, Maxwell Azzarello of St. Augustine, Florida, was in critical condition at Weill Cornell Medicine's burn unit on Friday afternoon, Joseph Kenny, NYPD chief of detectives, said during a news conference.

His family was unaware he was in New York, where police said he arrived earlier in the week. Azzarello did not breach security barriers to access the park, which was open to the public.
He threw conspiracy-based pamphlets throughout the park before pouring an accelerant on himself, NYPD Chief Jeffrey Maddrey said. NYPD spokesperson Tarik Sheppard said: "We do not believe this was targeting any particular person or any particular group."

A bomb squad did not find any devices in the area in a search after the incident. Four officers had minor injuries from their exposure to the fire and were all stable on Friday afternoon.
https://www.axios.com/2024/04/19/person ... courthouse

Sounds like mental issues.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Max Azzarello, 37, who died after setting himself on fire outside the Manhattan courthouse, had recently started posting anti-establishment conspiracy theories online, including a lengthy article on Substack which blasted politicians, and billionaires and even made reference to The Simpsons. The manifesto-style document warned of an impending “apocalyptic fascist world coup.” At 1.30pm ET on Friday 19 April, he entered a park outside the New York courthouse, where Donald Trump’s historic criminal trial is taking place, and set himself on fire. The horrific incident lasted several minutes before the flames were extinguished by police officers and court staff.

Police told NBC news that he was declared dead by the hospital after he was admitted with severe burn injuries. No time of death was given by the police. In his lengthy post, Mr Azzarello described himself as an “investigative researcher”. Police said that Mr Azzarello’s driver’s license showed he was born in 1987 and was a native of St Augustine, Florida. A registered Democrat, he attended the University of North Carolina from 2005 to 2009, according to public records and his LinkedIn page.
Mr Azzarello had a long history of posting conspiracy theories and railing against the rich and powerful, according to NYPD officials, who had begun to comb through his social media profiles.

His lengthy Substack post called out a string of people, social media companies and institutions. He also labelled the Covid-19 pandemic as an “economic doomsday device”. In the document, Mr Azzarello said that the act of self-immolation was “an extreme act of protest”. “To my friends and family, witnesses and first responders, I deeply apologize for inflicting this pain upon you.” he wrote. Elsewhere in the lengthy post, Azzarello also referred to late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, cryptocurrency, and episodes of The Simpsons. At one point he compared himself to Lisa Simpson.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 31705.html

RIP

Foolishness may very well have consequences for the orange spirochete.
Mississippi Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson, who is also a ranking member of the House Committee on Homeland Security, has put forth a bill that would strip felons of Secret Service protection, in a move that some see as a preemptive strike against Donald Trump who faces more than one criminal trial.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-secret-service-stripped/

And in other orange news, this comment exposes my exact thoughts:
I hate that I’m loving his misery.
https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... to_people/

CDF

Saw that, ole Bennie has rallied the Democrats and his home audience, but it has very little chance of passing the House or the Senate.
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000018e ... dd12f40000

Actually I'm not opposed to it, if an ex-president gets himself jammed up and ends up a felon in the pokey, then we shouldn't pay for his Secret Service protection.

highdesert wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:45 am Saw that, ole Bennie has rallied the Democrats and his home audience, but it has very little chance of passing the House or the Senate.
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000018e ... dd12f40000

Actually I'm not opposed to it, if an ex-president gets himself jammed up and ends up a felon in the pokey, then we shouldn't pay for his Secret Service protection.
I agree, TOS needs the same guards that Jeffery Epstein had.

I'm glad the poor fellow who self immolated, has died. As an old restaurant cook, I've had many, many burns. Mercy was showered upon his body and soul through death.

On another front, the lack of mental health care is exposed in its viscous nakedness in this instance. The poor fellow needed treatment, and everyone knew it. May he rest in peace.

CDF

TrueTexan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:06 am I agree, TOS needs the same guards that Jeffery Epstein had.
I'd love to see TOS end up doing time but if he gets "Epsteined" in prison, can you imagine what the Ever Trumpers and Militia Groups will do? It will not be pretty. They'll get rowdy enough if he does prison time but if he gets killed in The Joint there will likely be hell to pay.

If he does time it'll likely be in the Hilton Prison and he'll be kept away from violent, nasty people I'd suspect.

VooDoo

He could e placed in the Federal Prison in Fort Worth, an administrative security federal medical center with a detention center. But i would think he would feel more at home in the USP FLORENCE ADMAX. Be right at home with the drug lords and other really badass criminals. Also there is MCC NEW YORK
An administrative security metropolitan correctional center that is on Park Row New York. It is famous for having Jeffrey Edward Epstein as a guest for a short time and his cell is vacant.