LGC Bullseye Club Match 18 Opens March 29

Okay, it's time for the spring Bullseye Club season to start. I am officially opening it this Friday, March 29, but if you get to the range between the time of this posting and the official opening, go ahead and shoot the match, you over-achiever. Match 18 will close at 11:59 PM on Sunday,May 12. There are some significant changes for 2019 so please read this message and the Bullseye Club Rules linked to below.

The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf
(159.64 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Due to popular demand and until I bow under the crushing workload, we will be running Bullseye matches of six-week duration. Approximately three weeks after the match opens, we will open an "Even-Handed Justice" match. The latter is a one-hand variant of the Bullseye Match and has proven to be interesting and challenging. So, in the steady state, we will run two matches concurrently with matches closing alternately about every three weeks. Therefore, the next Even-Handed Justice match will open on or about April 19 and close on June 3.

Note that the email address for submitting scores has changed. See the rules document for the new address.

While the choice of targets within the constraints laid out in the rules is up to you, and many options are available, we have crafted some custom targets for use in these matches. Note that they are NOT official NRA targets and they should NOT be used in NRA-sanctioned events. Regardless of the targets you use, if you are printing downloaded targets, please make sure that they conform to the target norms. How do you know if the target conforms? Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2 style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively. If they do not, check to see if your printer is scaling the PDFs before printing them. Also note that the 6 ring on the B3 style LGC targets may be slightly truncated on the right and left margins, depending on your printer. Judge for yourself if you think this is acceptable. PDFs of the targets follow below.

As always, post any comments or questions. Most importantly though, GET OUT AND SHOOT THESE MATCHES. They are great fun and will help to sharpen your skills after a long winter's nap.

Your humble servant,
Bucolic

BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
BB_red_bull.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.08 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
BBB_red_bull.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
BBB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.29 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Attachments
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf
(159.79 KiB) Downloaded 724 times

Re: LGC Bullseye Club Match 18 Opens March 29

The reason is largely because that’s the way Paco set it up. Personally, I like being able to shoot both classes. Also, I have not confirmed this, but my sense is that the glass scores are systematically higher than the irons for the rimfire classes. Almost no one shoots the centerfire glass class.

As for workload, it really is not much more work to keep separate classes.

By the way, is anyone in touch with Paco?

This schedule sounds great! Better to have 17 matches a year (52/6 x (rimfire + centerfire)) and fail to shoot a few of them than to have only 8 and enter all.

By the same math, the number of EHJ matches will be a bit daunting. I may have to specialize in weak-hand entries, depending on how many range trips actually happen.

Practice? That's for home: dry-firing in the basement! Which I have been completely neglecting for months...:(
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bucolic wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:04 am Thanks skydaver. I did not notice that and will fix it at some point. In the meantime, just print the first page.
No problem, just wanted to make note of the issue. Every PDF viewer can print single pages. Mac users can even delete the second page using 'Preview'.

Really looking forward to this; it's been a month or so since I've been to the range; lost a dog to leukemia, and had surgery (parathyroid) and need to get back out.

Bucolic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:52 pm Just a reminder that Bullseye Match #18 is open and will close in about six weeks.

I shot the rimfire glass class today. A little creaky after a long winter, but not embarrassing. I hope to shoot rimfire iron tomorrow.
I shot rimfire today. I'm a little rusty too, but it could have been worse. :hmmm: I'll try to get center fire taken care of next week.

Turns out my MKii is more consistant with cheap Aguila SE (blue box 1170 fps) than with either Eley club or CCI match. go figure. Ironically, it's harder for me to find blue box Aguila, but it's a lot cheaper. :D

Like juggling fighting cats my schedule is. Nonetheless on the full moon I was able to shoot thirty rounds. It was my first range trip in like five weeks due to cats. I literally pulled into the indoor range parking lot as NPR rolled its bottom of the hour news summary, with the range closing at the top of the hour. So after checking in I was able to tape and remove three targets while shooting thirty rounds. So here it is Tuesday and I can post about it. I post, therefore I am.

Naturally I was practicing for this round of Bullseye. I was good with slow and medium. Good groups not excessively tight. :-) Fast, though, I jerked a few low and left. That means I should shoot more slow fire before I post my scores. I'm still shooting the 1911. Soon I'll get back to the Vaquero, but this 1911 is pretty the fun gun to shoot. So is the other. But they're different funs. The grips are entirely different--in fact everything nearly so is entirely different between the two guns. In an ideal world of no cats to juggle, I would each match post a rim fire score, and alternate between the revolver and the 1911 every other match. In case the world conspires in favor of my cats, at least I have one set of targets I can lose with.

I appreciate the existence of these matches! Thank you Mr. B.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Bucolic wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:02 pm Bumping this.

Bullseye match 18 will close a week from today. So far, the turnout has been pretty poor. Get out there and shoot!
Wish I could. I have the worst sore throat I've had in years. Hasn't let up in 4 days. Can barely talk and sound like a bullfrog. Only place I've been is our local clinic to be tested for strep & flu. Negative.
Must be that new strain that's been laying people low from Florida to Maine. Need a whole new set of anti-bodies. All I've been able to do is paper work.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."