Joe Biden 2020

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Joe Biden 2020

#201 Post by YankeeTarheel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Johnson? Don't you remember The Great Society? It produced Medicare, Medicaid, the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act? Even "Keep America Beautiful"? LBJ WORSHIPPED FDR and wanted to do BIG THINGS like FDR did. And he did! Truman was definitely a definite, and tough character, not at all wishy-washy.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

VodoundaVinci
Chatty

#202 Post by VodoundaVinci » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 pm

I'm totally lost now. We need to vote Dem because....ya know, Trump needs purged. Yet the Dems *will not* run Liberal/Progressives and stomp them to death before they get momentum as the people who are picking the candidates (I call it the DNC but others maybe know better) are rigging it to exclude the very people Dems want to elect - Progressives and real Liberals. Yet it goes round, and round, and round with all this specialized jargon and eye winking.

I just wanna vote for a Progressive candidate who does not want to gut the 2A and wants to reform Health Care and move US forward and not back. Yet there is none because the Democrats are owned and operated by the same .01% as the Republicans and they want our guns in the dirt (scared of armed Revolution) and to fleece America of the *Trillions* in pensions, 401K's, private savings, property, college savings, etc. America is being fleeced/liquidated by the Establishment which is run by a global Oligarchy.

I just want to fix this or get the fuck out of here - I have enough in savings that if I immigrate I can live comfortably the rest of my days even without SS. I'm not voting for a Dem Stooge who wants to disarm me so the Oligarchy can fuck me out of my options and I can't fight back. Biden is that Stooge and *millions* of US are not gonna vote for him. It's simple - we need to stop the DNC from rigging this election and they *are* doing it right now. As YT said, they have their thumb on the scale and they are cheating already by stoking the polls and making silly bullshit rules to exclude Progressive possibilities.

The Dems are trying to force feed US another Establishment/Oligarchy owed and operated candidate and they are gonna get their asses beat (again) if we don't find another Way.

Maybe I should just flee to the EU and give up on America. I'm convinced we are toast and cannot vote our way out.

VooDoo

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#203 Post by TrueTexan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:03 pm

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:33 pm
Johnson? Don't you remember The Great Society? It produced Medicare, Medicaid, the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act? Even "Keep America Beautiful"? LBJ WORSHIPPED FDR and wanted to do BIG THINGS like FDR did. And he did! Truman was definitely a definite, and tough character, not at all wishy-washy.
Truman did things the Reptilians would not like today. Signed treaty that created and joined the UN
He also ordered Reorganization of the military into the Department of Defense and integration of the military services.
Ordered implementation of the Marshall plan to help Europe and Asia recover from the war. Ordered the Berlin Airlift.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#204 Post by K9s » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Maybe California is toast and cannot vote their way out of it? Is that what you mean? I don't see anything like that occurring in my immediate city, county, district, or state.

For my House district, for example, we have several GOP (including a self-described "Trump-loving white nationalist") versus a diverse field of D women (and some D guys who have no chance). The two US Senate seat races will be similar and, probably, all will end up as diverse D women running against GOP white males up and down the ballot like 2018.

Support your local progressive and help get them elected in California! You might not win, but you might... win!
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#205 Post by max129 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 pm

YankeeTarheel said:

Johnson? Don't you remember The Great Society?

I DO remember it. As a POTUS, Johnson enacted some really super Big Ideas. He did not campaign on them. He surprised the hell out of everyone.

My point was how he acted during the campaign.

VodoundaVinci
Chatty

#206 Post by VodoundaVinci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:47 am

Apologies for the manic screeching on my part.....I need to take a breath and step back from this whole Primary thing. It's like a reoccurring dream of a train wreck that keeps happening over, and over, and over and there is nothing I can do about it.

Hard for me to watch US doing it again and not changing anything yet expecting a different outcome.

VooDoo

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

#207 Post by Marlene » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:58 am

I agree Voodoo

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#208 Post by YankeeTarheel » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am

There's an arrogance in the so-called Dem "Leadership" that's highly frustrating. Like Republicans, they want to pick their voters and who will be elected, and it doing so point at, yet again, snatching losses from the jaws of what should be assured victories. It seems the DSCC isn't even convinced it can take back the Senate! Which is INSANE!!! Of course you cannot if you won't organize on the ground in North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Kentucky, Montana, Arizona, Maine, Alabama, and every other state where a ReThug is even SLIGHTLY vulnerable!

Speaker Pelosi is a brilliant parliamentarian, able to read the signs and omens of the House like a delphic oracle. But the people and the party on the ground? She has shown for a decade-and-a-half that she is stone deaf and clueless, coming from a rich, totally Blue district in SanFran. So what works for her, calling big donors and schmoozing them for money, doesn't really work in close and working class districts where you need to EXCITE the people. Schumer's not much better.

And both are pushing hard and viciously to prevent any more primary challenges. So clods like Josh Gottheimer and Mikie Sherrill in MY state, who SHOULD be "primaried" (Especially Gottheimer) are being guarded by Pelosi like an angry mother grizzly. She doesn't want any more "Squads" coming into HER House! (It's OUR House, not hers).

Yeah, the Dems' so-called "Leaders" are working hard to repeat 2016 because keeping control of their caucuses is more important to them than winning!
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

#209 Post by DispositionMatrix » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:38 am

Maybe during the debates with the incumbent, Biden can squirt blood from his eye.
https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2019/09/ ... -blood.jpg

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#210 Post by TrueTexan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Boy, Biden stuck both feet in it last night with his remark on slavery.
Joe Biden puzzled many viewers by suggesting that parents play records for their children to help overcome the legacy of slavery, but author Anand Giridharadas was outraged.

The former New York Times columnist and author of the best-selling “Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World” described Biden’s remarks as “appalling and disqualifying.”

Biden was asked about the legacy of slavery, and the former vice president urged parents to spin records for their children to help improve their vocabulary before entering school.

“We bring social workers into homes and parents to help them deal with how to raise their children,” Biden said. “It’s not that they don’t want to help. They don’t know quite what to do. Play the radio. Make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night.”

Giridharadas found that statement infuriating on multiple levels.

Giridharadas said “the record player moment” revealed Biden’s “bankruptcy,” and was the defining moment of Thursday’s debate.

“It is a whole new level of racism to say that the way to repair the legacy of slavery is for black people to stop refusing to give music to their kids,” Giridharadas said.

“This is the frontrunner,” he continued. “Currently, the most likely nominee. This is how he talks about African-Americans, who are the beating heart of his party.”

“Let’s be clear: If you are for Biden in this contest, the casual, paternalistic, ‘Mad Men’ -era racism he flaunts — they can’t parent; this one here is clean, articulate, and a nice-looking guy — isn’t a dealbreaker for you,” Giridharadas added.
https://www.alternet.org/2019/09/we-jus ... te-author/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#211 Post by max129 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:22 pm

I want to give Biden the benefit of the doubt; I really do. I might have to vote for him next year ;-)

But the rambling, racist, patronizing, out-of-date comments about lower class children and what they need was like a package of all the bad things about the man.

featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member

#212 Post by featureless » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Biden's unwillingness to look at single payer health care puts him in the no-go category for me. I need to get something in order to vote for an assault weapon banner. He offers nothing.

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#213 Post by max129 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 pm

From the New York Times: Christopher Buskirk

And Mr. Trump has a certain animal cunning and roguish charisma that make him a very effective campaigner. If Democrats select Mr. Biden as their nominee, he is going to run into a rhetorical buzz saw and campaign tempo that he is going to find difficult to counter.
The whole article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/13/opin ... e=Homepage

While I might have chosen words other than "roguish charm", I don't really disagree. And I strongly agree with "very effective campaigner".

I think Trump might just eat Joe Biden alive in debates.

I do not, in any way, admire Trump; but I do fear him and the dark powers he commands. He is influential way beyond his ideas. Just his mannerisms and speaking style are like an energy drink to certain population segments. Nothing like that can be said about Joe Biden.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#214 Post by K9s » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:38 pm

I like Biden for VP or Sec of State or something. I'll vote for him, but he isn't my first choice.

The terrible things from the presidency are bad, but I am really now more focused on state and local races. The current officeholders directly harm the people here. We have two senate races, too. I decided last night, after the "debate" show, that I already know my primary vote. I can tune all this stuff out for now and focus on Espy in MS, Jones in AL, and my local/state/Senate races.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#215 Post by highdesert » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:38 pm

max129 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 pm
From the New York Times: Christopher Buskirk

And Mr. Trump has a certain animal cunning and roguish charisma that make him a very effective campaigner. If Democrats select Mr. Biden as their nominee, he is going to run into a rhetorical buzz saw and campaign tempo that he is going to find difficult to counter.
The whole article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/13/opin ... e=Homepage

While I might have chosen words other than "roguish charm", I don't really disagree. And I strongly agree with "very effective campaigner".

I think Trump might just eat Joe Biden alive in debates.

I do not, in any way, admire Trump; but I do fear him and the dark powers he commands. He is influential way beyond his ideas. Just his mannerisms and speaking style are like an energy drink to certain population segments. Nothing like that can be said about Joe Biden.
Buskirk comes from the right side of the political spectrum, don't know if he supports Trump but I agree I wouldn't have used his words for the occupant of the WH. Buskirk is just repackaging the "Sleepy Joe" tagline that Trump uses about Biden, just not in those words. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Harris, Booker, O'Rourke, Klobuchar...have different styles that are very apparent on stage. Trump is either being the narcissist or is very defensive ready for a fight, mixed with slimy salesman. Biden is known to have a temper, something that his aides fear he'll let loose at the wrong time. Trump and his supporters think he can dominate any debate, but Trump might not agree to any or only one debate that he can stage manage to his advantage.

Still very early days, more debates and primaries ahead.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan