Pence tours detention facilities at the border, defends administration’s treatment of migrants

So many executive orders, so much twitter. What to do? Well, discuss it here for one...

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Pence tours detention facilities at the border, defends administration’s treatment of migrants

#1 Post by K9s » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:20 pm

I just watched Pence interviewed about the detention centers. I have never been so frightened about his capacity for lies and cruelty. Now I understand why he rarely talks to anyone except CBN and TBN interviewers.

He claimed that all the pictures and stories about poor treatment were unsubstantiated lies. They weren't lies. It was amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Pence sought to deliver that message during his trip here, saying “I couldn’t be more impressed” with the work being done by the Customs and Border Protection agents.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Pence tours detention facilities at the border, defends administration’s treatment of migrants

#2 Post by TrueTexan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 pm

As I told my wife, they moved a bunch of detainees out cleaned it up and said see there is nothing here to complain about. It is a setup Dog and Piny Show. But then Pence would not have seen anything wrong in Nazi Concentration Camps if it was to please his Orange master.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Pence tours detention facilities at the border, defends administration’s treatment of migrants

#3 Post by K9s » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:40 pm

TrueTexan wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 pm
As I told my wife, they moved a bunch of detainees out cleaned it up and said see there is nothing here to complain about. It is a setup Dog and Piny Show. But then Pence would not have seen anything wrong in Nazi Concentration Camps if it was to please his Orange master.
They did that, but the reporters saw the part they tried to hide. So did Pence. Reporters used cell phone cameras to document it. Pence pretended it was all OK.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#4 Post by TrueTexan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Now he is called the ‘Fake Christian’ for defending the inhumane treatment of the immigrants held in cages. Some of the tweets are great.

Among many tweets.

For those right wing evangelical so called Christians
“ Leviticus 19:33,34
“When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt.”

Someone remind #FakeChristian @VP. Please.‘

Then with pictures with his holier than thou pose.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/mike- ... ion-camps/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:11 pm

Our Democracy is nearly over and we're about to become the next Nazi nation.
I expect orders to shoot to kill to come soon. They'll be breaking down doors around 2am Sunday, in about 3 hours here in the East Coast, even without the warrants the LAW says they need to do it. There is no law anymore for Trumpists. Trump and McConnell ensure it.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#6 Post by K9s » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Trump Laments Not Being Able to Shoot Migrants Like “Other Countries Do”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... t-migrants

Trump said military should shoot rock-throwing migrants.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us/offic ... index.html
“The matter is quite simple. The bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act accordingly.”
— Kierkegaard

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#7 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:06 am

Trump says the military and police should shoot EVERYONE who criticizes him.
The Hitlerian genocide is just about to explode.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#8 Post by K9s » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:37 am

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:06 am
Trump says the military and police should shoot EVERYONE who criticizes him.
The Hitlerian genocide is just about to explode.
It isn't necessarily genocide vs no genocide. The reign of terror against Americans has been going on for decades or centuries. It's just more obvious right now. They say the quiet parts out loud - like they did when Irish and Italians were the "problem".

I wonder if anyone in government remembers the story of the Motorschiff St. Louis anymore?

Inquisitor
Site Admin

#9 Post by Inquisitor » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 am

Between his grim expression and his entirely black outfit I definitely got a Darth Vader vibe while he was surrounded by his storm troopers.

I need a drink.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#10 Post by highdesert » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am

The number of migrants arrested by Border Patrol at the U.S.-Mexico border fell 29 percent in June, signaling that a migrant surge that's taxed federal resources and ignited partisan battles on Capitol Hill may recede this summer. Border Patrol arrested roughly 95,000 migrants in June, according to figures released Wednesday by Customs and Border Protection. That’s down from nearly 133,000 in May, the highest monthly total since March 2006.

Border arrests are a metric used widely to estimate the number of illegal border crossings. A summer falloff in border arrests isn’t unusual. May-to-June declines occurred in nine of the last 10 years. But a senior CBP official argued Wednesday that June's decline was due partly to new border security measures put in place by Mexican and U.S. authorities following talks last month.

“I would attribute Mexico to making some difference,” the official told reporters on a background call. The official cited Mexican efforts to stop migrants traveling in large groups — defined as more than 100 people — before they reach the U.S. Border Patrol intercepted 15 large groups in June, a sharp drop from the 48 groups encountered a month earlier. “Seeing that downturn has had a very positive effect on our being able to deal with the capacity numbers and border security writ large,” the official said.

Record numbers of migrant families trekked north from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras in recent months, an influx President Donald Trump argues is fueled by lax U.S. asylum and deportation laws. But migrant advocates and Democrats contend that violence and poverty in those countries forced people to leave, and that Trump’s hard-line policies exacerbated a humanitarian crisis.

The influx of migrants overwhelmed federal authorities, prompting fierce criticism of squalid conditions at certain processing centers and shelters for unaccompanied children.
The decline of arrests in June was assisted by a drop in families and unaccompanied children.

Border Patrol arrested roughly 57,000 families in June, down from 85,000 a month earlier, according to CBP. Agents picked up approximately 7,000 children, a decrease from 11,500 in May.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... ne-1580146

Hopefully the numbers keep going down and of course Donnie will take full credit. But he'll keep beating the drums for the benefit of his base.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#11 Post by K9s » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:55 pm

If our humanity can win out year after year, we can end this election after election. I guess people have to be reminded every generation.

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#12 Post by highdesert » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:02 pm

K9s wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:55 pm
I guess people have to be reminded every generation.
How true ! Just think of the holocaust.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#13 Post by K9s » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Plenty of atrocities have occurred since that time. Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Syria, China, etc. I think Trump wanted to "crack down" like this on Muslims (it worked in Yugoslavia, China, Russia, etc.) but the backlash against the travel ban alone was too fierce. He found his out-group to oppress at the southern border.

I know that Latinx voters won't vote Dem on this issue alone, but they need to show up in numbers every election from now on (and run for office at all levels). Minorities need to be represented at all levels of government in large numbers.