seem to have lost my stash

long ago during the pre-Y2K when i first started shooting i had a garand and am AR15 and started accumulating .223. every week i would but a box or 2 of wwb (the thread over in pistol ammo reminded me of this), lovingly wrap it up in plastic and stash it away in a cardboard box. when i got 1,000 rounds in the box, i figured i was good for zombies or whatever and sealed it up and put it away. then we moved to tennessee, and then to NC, and then again in NC, and it occurs to me that i haven't seen that box of ammo in a LONG time, and i wonder if i accidentally left it behind in some dark corner, and if so, won't someone be surprised when they open that box they found?

surely no one else has done this sort of thing. at least i know where all of my guns are (the ones i remember)...
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: seem to have lost my stash

One thing I never lose track of is my beer. The rest, I dunno. There may be a round or two stashed out in the reloading shack left over from maybe 1978 or 9. I haven't been back there with any amount of seriousness since at least the mid 90's, and then it was for something important. Which I forget what it was. With a flashlight between the aisles can be glimpsed vaguely cube shaped crates back behind the tennis rackets and Exer-genie, beneath Xmas decorations untouched since my son's 4th grade party. He's 40.

I sympathize with folks who sort of lose track of things. I'm pretty sure I've lost track of things that I forget I had. I don't miss them I think.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Done that. Lost track of a box of 223 for a couple of years- since I was reloading for it anyway, didn't really look. Came across it in an odd spot in the garage a month ago and it was like the holidays!
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

spara wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am I once bought a house where a number of previous owners left things in the attic crawlspace.

Is anybody missing a cookie tin of pot and cigarette paper circa 1970?
Was it a Pepperidge Farm tin with a with Currier and Ives print and the orange pack Zig Zags?
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

geno wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 pm
spara wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am I once bought a house where a number of previous owners left things in the attic crawlspace.

Was it a Pepperidge Farm tin with a with Currier and Ives print and the orange pack Zig Zags?
You got the Zig Zags right

Wow. Someone had to leave in a hurry, I guess?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:45 am long ago during the pre-Y2K when i first started shooting i had a garand and am AR15 and started accumulating .223. every week i would but a box or 2 of wwb (the thread over in pistol ammo reminded me of this), lovingly wrap it up in plastic and stash it away in a cardboard box. when i got 1,000 rounds in the box, i figured i was good for zombies or whatever and sealed it up and put it away. then we moved to tennessee, and then to NC, and then again in NC, and it occurs to me that i haven't seen that box of ammo in a LONG time, and i wonder if i accidentally left it behind in some dark corner, and if so, won't someone be surprised when they open that box they found?

surely no one else has done this sort of thing. at least i know where all of my guns are (the ones i remember)...
Lol I lost my guns in a boating accident.
:drunklep: Everything is better with beer and comrades. :drunklep: