Post your links to the latest news.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

wpkato
Verified Member
Verified Member

SIG Sauer P320 - Here we go again..

#1 Post by wpkato » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:40 am

https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelphia- ... t#stream/0

I have 3 P320s (SC, C and Full). I've carry in a IWB holster and haven't had a accidental discharge, let alone from it "just hanging there holstered" I call BS.

Chuck64
Helpful Contributor

Re: SIG Sauer P320 - Here we go again..

#2 Post by Chuck64 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am

Definitely BS. This always happens to Cops. Not one incident that I’m aware of that this has happened to a civilian.

So how is it that only Police Officers 320’s “go off” while in a holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#3 Post by highdesert » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am

A preliminary inspection of the weapon found no cause for the weapon’s firing without manipulation.
The agency will replace all service weapons used by officers, “out of an abundance of caution,” said SEPTA spokesperson Andrew Busch.

Busch said SEPTA made an emergency purchase of 350 new Glock 17s and holsters to replace the P320s.
https://whyy.org/articles/septa-police- ... n-station/

Wonder what service weapon they used before, if it was DA/SA maybe they should have stayed with it.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

7N6Wolf
Grizzled Veteran

#4 Post by 7N6Wolf » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Chuck64 wrote:Definitely BS. This always happens to Cops. Not one incident that I’m aware of that this has happened to a civilian.

So how is it that only Police Officers 320’s “go off” while in a holster.

It’s an open secret that police officers in the US seldom train with their firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by Marlene » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm

ACABatguns

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#6 Post by YankeeTarheel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm

What I never understood was why Sig issued the "voluntary upgrade" (which I immediately applied for and had done to my P320 Compact RX ) rather than a formal recall. It definitely felt lighter and more controllable after.
Sig's stuck with the solid trigger rather than the split trigger safety as well, which I don't fully understand.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

shinzen
Site Admin

#7 Post by shinzen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Lack of details on whether or not the department sent theirs in for the upgrade. That said, it should have been a recall- If there's any doubt, better to get in front of it. Terming it a "Voluntary Upgrade" left a lot of wiggle room and left the door open for lawsuits IMO.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#8 Post by YankeeTarheel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm

shinzen wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm
Lack of details on whether or not the department sent theirs in for the upgrade. That said, it should have been a recall- If there's any doubt, better to get in front of it. Terming it a "Voluntary Upgrade" left a lot of wiggle room and left the door open for lawsuits IMO.
Yup. I sent mine in and they got it back to me very quickly.
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

shinzen
Site Admin

#9 Post by shinzen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 am

Mine was turned around in under a week as well. Smooth and easy process.

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#10 Post by max129 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:24 pm

I bought a Sig P320 Compact (new) in July 2017. It already had the trigger upgrade.

Chuck64
Helpful Contributor

#11 Post by Chuck64 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:39 pm

YankeeTarheel wrote:What I never understood was why Sig issued the "voluntary upgrade" (which I immediately applied for and had done to my P320 Compact RX ) rather than a formal recall. It definitely felt lighter and more controllable after.
Sig's stuck with the solid trigger rather than the split trigger safety as well, which I don't fully understand.
If Sig would have done a recall they would have been admitting that there was a flaw with the 320.
They had litigation pending for the CT Swat Cop that dropped his 320 and was shot in the knee. This happened in January 2017. The lawsuit was filed not long before the Omaha Outdoors video and others went viral in August 2017.

Also it became public knowledge in January 2018 through a DOD report that reports on Military test that the Army had drop fires in testing in January 2016 I believe but Sig neglected to address the civilian 320 until the drop fire videos went viral.

There’s a pending class action suit for the fact that Sig knew the 320 would drop fire at a certain angle from the military testing and failed to address the civilian.

They just settled out of Court this summer with the LEO from Virginia that sues Sig and claimed her 320 fired while take off her duty belt. She sued for 10 million no indication on what she got.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#12 Post by YankeeTarheel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Can't argue with that Chuck64. My understanding is that for some inexplicable reason, the particular drop that caused the firing was not part of the safety tests.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#13 Post by K9s » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 pm

I hope this means a big drop... in prices. I would love to have an excuse to get a P320.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#14 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

K9s wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 pm
I hope this means a big drop... in prices. I would love to have an excuse to get a P320.
While my RX is a really nice shooter, what I like is the modularity. I don't care for it set up as a sub- (and you lose the red dot) but as a compact or carry, I like it far better.
I don't know what real advantages the specialty line, gives you, but the RX gives you raised LE sights and the Romeo 1 red dot, integral and designed for the rigors of a striker slide moving.
While the standard conversion kits are expensive, and the X and RX ones even more so, I waited until the sub-compact kit was on sale for 25% off and grabbed it. The Carry and Compact share the slide so just a grip module and longer magazine were necessary to make the Compact into a Carry.

I'm not interested in the .40 / .357 Sig conversion, but if there was a .357 magnum / .38 special conversion I'd grab it!

( I have too many calibers to keep track of, especially when there's JHP for HD, vs FMJ for them. 9mm, .357 Mag, .38 special, and now .308)

KlownKannon

#15 Post by KlownKannon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:20 am

So does the voluntary upgrade have a trigger safety or is it an internal fix?
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#16 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:49 am

KlownKannon wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:20 am
So does the voluntary upgrade have a trigger safety or is it an internal fix?
It definitely does NOT have a trigger safety although the trigger was replaced with a much better one. My understanding is that the repair was to both the fire control module (that trigger group) and to something in the slide, presumably the striker and firing pin mechanism.

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

#17 Post by max129 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:46 pm

They drill a small indentation in the slide and they completely replace the trigger within the firing assembly.

The P320 replacement trigger is one of the best I have ever used. I had a Compact (sold) and I have a Sub Compact - the trigger is excellent.

And, not to be a broken record: I want an external safety. With a trigger that light, drop tested or not, I want an explicit safety. I know that others prefer to forgo a manual safety.

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

#18 Post by senorgrand » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:12 pm

So they are worried about ADs and they bought Glocks as replacements? Insert Piccard facepalm here.

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.