Trump explains his orange color

So many executive orders, so much twitter. What to do? Well, discuss it here for one...

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Trump explains his orange color

#1 Post by highdesert » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:58 pm

It’s been the subject of intense debate among late-night comedians and Donald Trump’s many online critics: why, in certain circumstances, does the president of the United States sometimes appear … orange? Now Trump himself has come up with an answer – and it’s not one anyone was expecting. The problem, apparently, is energy-efficient lightbulbs.

Talking before an audience of Republican legislators in Baltimore on Thursday night, Trump gave a rambling speech in which he tackled criticism of his recent plans to weaken regulations on environmentally friendly bulbs.

“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.

Energy-efficient bulbs such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) typically use about 25 to 80% less energy than traditional incandescents, and can last up to 25 times longer.

But that wasn’t good enough for Trump. He continued: “What are we doing? It’s considered hazardous waste, but it’s many times more expensive and frankly the light is not as good. So we’re going to sell them, but we’re also going to sell incandescent bulbs. People are very happy about it. It’s amazing.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -efficient

So it's the lights. :lol:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Trump explains his orange color

#2 Post by TrueTexan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:16 pm

What about when he is outside in sunshine? He’s still Orange. I have wondered about his liver since many people with advanced liver disease have jaundice or orange colored skin.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

#3 Post by Bisbee » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Lights are on...

But nobody’s home.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#4 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:47 am

Since LEDs have a whiter light than halogens, and halogens have a whiter light than traditional incandescent bulbs, physics of light, known since Isaac Newton first wrote on it, show just the opposite of the First Ignoramus's assertion.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

VodoundaVinci
Chatty

#5 Post by VodoundaVinci » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:40 am

Everybody knows he's orange because he uses that self tan cream that makes people with some skin types turn orange.

https://mystictan.com/tanning-guide/kee ... ul-answers

He's so vain he can't even admit his self tan cream sucks.

VooDoo