Re: How Many Cases in Your Town, Village, City, whatever?

wooglin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 pm 23 according to that Reuter’s link. Though county level data around here is pretty worthless. I expect most of those folks are here or the next town over.
Please don't misunderstand me: I'm not looking for data on what counties should and should not be using social distancing. EVERY American should be be practicing social distancing.

I'm merely curious how it's personally affecting the people in our forum, as we are scattered throughout most, if not all of the states and DC.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 pm
wooglin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 pm 23 according to that Reuter’s link. Though county level data around here is pretty worthless. I expect most of those folks are here or the next town over.
Please don't misunderstand me: I'm not looking for data on what counties should and should not be using social distancing. EVERY American should be be practicing social distancing.

I'm merely curious how it's personally affecting the people in our forum, as we are scattered throughout most, if not all of the states and DC.
No worries. You did ask for town etc. We had the first case in the state here in my town and most of the rest of the county is very rural. Ipso facto, most cases are here.

Also, been self quarantined for ten days, since my son returned from Spring Break (early—good kid) in Miami Beach

631 where I am in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale), and another 869 just over the county line in Miami-Dade. Those numbers will grow quickly. Both counties are currently under a Shelter-In-Place order but you wouldn't know it looking around town. Traffic is still heavy, stores are mostly still open, people are shopping and working and doing whatever. Passed by Home Depot today, there wasn't an empty spot in the parking lot, and it looked like a lot of work trucks and contractors and whatnot.

kronkmusic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:51 pm a lot of work trucks and contractors and whatnot.
we've had 2 guys working on our house since december and i'm sad that they have no safety net and no choice but to work or starve. yesterday i threw a little extra job at them wiring the workshop so they can earn some more money before things get really bad. i'll do what i can to help but there's only so much i can do.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Hard to tell, according to the tracking maps we still have zero cases in my county. But they have only performed 14,000 tests state wide in Mn.

I don't live in a city or town and now we have stay at home in place as of midnight last night. So far the predictions about this last showing a huge

increase in confirmed cases nation wide have been true. But if they don't test we don't see an accurate picture.