LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #23 IS OPEN

Let's get this going again. Everyone's welcome. New members, this is a low key way to motivate you to get out and do some focused practice. Like last time, let's make this a 3-month event. I'll try to make this quarterly this year if there is participation.

Participation in Match #22 was dismal. Let's chalk that up to 2020. Spread the word and let's see some good targets. You know, it's also fine to send in some crappy targets--especially if you're new to this. You might even send in some crappy targets and ask for advice from the experienced folks. Hmm...since I'm obviously not entering, maybe I'll post some crappy targets of my own and solicit advice.

It seems like a big barrier to participation last time was finding a range to shoot at. COVID-19 doesn't seem like it's going away, so I propose we loosen this up a bit. Everything's shot at 50 feet, so unless there are objections, I say feel free to set up in any SAFE place outside. This whole thing's on the honor system anyway, so just measure out an honest 50 foot target. Make sure it's legal and safe to be shooting where you are (your land, a friend's land, DNR land, etc.). Make sure you've got a good backstop. Shoot with a buddy who (like you) worships at the altar of the 4 rules of gun safety, and all that. Does anybody have a problem with this? Are people sort of doing that anyway? Any safety or legal issues I'm creating for the club by encouraging this?

As before, if you email your results to me assume I haven't gotten it unless I email you back. In that case, just PM me. Last time some results didn't make it to me. The email is forwarded to my personal email and for some reason I got some but not others. I checked spam folders, etc. Maybe user error on my part. Anyway before I close it out I'll post a list of everyone who entered so you can confirm I got your scores.

Just two categories--rimfire and centerfire. We used to have separate divisions within these for glass and open sights, but participation has been low and it doesn't look like a big difference in scores between glass and open, so we'll just simplify things. Shoot glass or open (or both), whatever you like, we'll just score them together, still separating rimfire and centerfire.

In the past, shooters had to pre-designate 3 targets (one course of fire) as their entries then send them in with no do-overs. We changed that with Match #22. As of that match, you pre-designate 3 courses of fire (each including 3 targets -- slow, timed, rapid). Then send the best set in. The match will run about 3 months, so this is about 1 per month, but you can shoot them whenever. Hopefully, this will get people out shooting more and maybe encourage more entries. Of course, if you don't have time, just shoot 1 or 2 and send the best.

So, here are the rules for this match, no changes from last time.
LGC Bullseye Club Rules July 26 2020.pdf
(310.29 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Have fun and be safe.

Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #23 IS OPEN

I'm putting up a small incentive with this one only. I have a buddy who does laser engraving as a side business, so I'm going to order two metal insulated tumblers from him and have them engraved with the LGC logo and something indicating bullseye champion on them--one for rimfire champ and one for centerfire.

I'll order them this week and post pictures once I've got them.

PS. Anyone got a high resolution copy of the LGC logo they can send me for this?

sikacz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:10 pm If I can get a Covid-19 vaccination in the next month or so I may venture out. Question, long time ago I bought the old NRA targets, are they still useable?
IIRC, the plan was that the dimensions of the LGC and NRA targets were similar enough that it made no practical difference which you used.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:58 am I'm putting up a small incentive with this one only. I have a buddy who does laser engraving as a side business, so I'm going to order two metal insulated tumblers from him and have them engraved with the LGC logo and something indicating bullseye champion on them--one for rimfire champ and one for centerfire.

I'll order them this week and post pictures once I've got them.

PS. Anyone got a high resolution copy of the LGC logo they can send me for this?
Ooh, an actual prize?!? Time to do some dry-fire practice!

Not that it will help. :laugh:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:10 pm If I can get a Covid-19 vaccination in the next month or so I may venture out. Question, long time ago I bought the old NRA targets, are they still useable?
IIRC, the plan was that the dimensions of the LGC and NRA targets were similar enough that it made no practical difference which you used.
Thanks Buck13.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:34 am Let's get this going again. Everyone's welcome. New members, this is a low key way to motivate you to get out and do some focused practice. Like last time, let's make this a 3-month event. I'll try to make this quarterly this year if there is participation.

Participation in Match #22 was dismal. Let's chalk that up to 2020. Spread the word and let's see some good targets. You know, it's also fine to send in some crappy targets--especially if you're new to this. You might even send in some crappy targets and ask for advice from the experienced folks. Hmm...since I'm obviously not entering, maybe I'll post some crappy targets of my own and solicit advice.

It seems like a big barrier to participation last time was finding a range to shoot at. COVID-19 doesn't seem like it's going away, so I propose we loosen this up a bit. Everything's shot at 50 feet, so unless there are objections, I say feel free to set up in any SAFE place outside. This whole thing's on the honor system anyway, so just measure out an honest 50 foot target. Make sure it's legal and safe to be shooting where you are (your land, a friend's land, DNR land, etc.). Make sure you've got a good backstop. Shoot with a buddy who (like you) worships at the altar of the 4 rules of gun safety, and all that. Does anybody have a problem with this? Are people sort of doing that anyway? Any safety or legal issues I'm creating for the club by encouraging this?

This looks awesome. Would love to participate but no range access right now and the only pistol I have has an 8 round mag which would make the 10 shot rapid fire complicated.

I wonder if there is a way to translate this type of event into a mantisx competition with dry fire for those who don't have access to a range right now.

Clint47 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:08 pm
cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:34 am Let's get this going again. Everyone's welcome. New members, this is a low key way to motivate you to get out and do some focused practice. Like last time, let's make this a 3-month event. I'll try to make this quarterly this year if there is participation.

This looks awesome. Would love to participate but no range access right now and the only pistol I have has an 8 round mag which would make the 10 shot rapid fire complicated.

I wonder if there is a way to translate this type of event into a mantisx competition with dry fire for those who don't have access to a range right now.
I believe reloading time is excluded from the time.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:03 pm
cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 pm Thanks for the advice--I'd like to get this out as wide as possible. One problem I have. What's Discord?
Ah, I just googled it. Is there a LGC place there or something? I'm not super up on things like this.
I'm not qualified to answer that. Try as I might to stay hip, my late 40s ass is losing any tech edge it may have ever had. LGC does have a space on Discord. I believe it requires an invite to join up. It sort of works like a group chat/forum combination. Probably messaging one of the moderators here would get you the most direct access. It's easy enough to use, I just have no idea how to direct you to get on it.

cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 pm Thanks for the advice--I'd like to get this out as wide as possible. One problem I have. What's Discord?
Ah, I just googled it. Is there a LGC place there or something? I'm not super up on things like this.
To hit everyone, you'd want to post to discord but also the Facebook Membership lounge group. I'm happy to post it to discord for you, or FB, or both. Or walk you through how to get on the discord server. Just let me know.

Clint47 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 pm
To hit everyone, you'd want to post to discord but also the Facebook Membership lounge group. I'm happy to post it to discord for you, or FB, or both. Or walk you through how to get on the discord server. Just let me know.
Thanks Clint. Yes, please post this to Discord and FB. I have no interaction with either of those.