Re: M&P9 2.0 compact or CZ P10C

Personally I lean to the CZ,, I love it. Aggressive texturing, ambi/switchable controls, Standard is 15+1 17 round mags available. Stock trigger is fantastic. It's what a Glock wants to be when it grows up. Oddly enough I find the Taurus G2c comparable and is easily concealable.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

I have an M&P M2.0 Compact (12+1) and a CZ P10S (12+1), the "little brother" to your P10C.

The CZ is my EDC. I shoot better with it. I like the controls better. I FAR prefer the CZ trigger (the M&P feels a little bit "crunchy" to me for some reason). I even prefer the sights on my CZ over the M&P sights (the M&P has three white dots--the CZ has an orange front sight with a tiny green dot in the middle and blacked-out rear sights).

I have an M&P Shield 9 as an alternate carry piece, because it's thinner than the CZ and I got a decent price on it (bundled with five magazines and a little "bug-out bag" that serves as a low-budget range bag or sometimes as an informal IFAK bag). I far prefer shooting the CZ.

Here's to hoping that nobody ever has to learn that you are carrying concealed in the new job!
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

SubRosa wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:40 pm I vote for the P10c.

"A Glock for grownups".

SR
As a new-ish gun buyer, I didn't get a Glock at first because the P10F fit my hand better (and test-firing was not an option at the time--yay, pandemic!).

I see stuff about Glock vs. CZ vs. M&P and I'm sort-of reminded of the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar stuff of my earlier years.

But I also see things from dyed-in-the-wool Glock fanboys who shoot a CZ and are all "Oooh, I may have to switch it up!"
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Stiff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:25 pm Can’t go wrong with either. However, there’s more aftermarket support for the M&P. If you feel like customizing at all, the M&P has far more options.
One might argue that the M&P is in more *need* of aftermarket upgrades. The CZ is a fine pistol out of the box!

Again with the Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar stuff.

/ducks

:roflmao:

In all seriousness, the M&P might also be available from the S&W Performance Center, with the lightened slide and the ported barrel. I can't justify the extra money for MY uses, but I can see the appeal.

BearPaws wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:52 pm
SubRosa wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:40 pm I vote for the P10c.

"A Glock for grownups".

SR
As a new-ish gun buyer, I didn't get a Glock at first because the P10F fit my hand better (and test-firing was not an option at the time--yay, pandemic!).

I see stuff about Glock vs. CZ vs. M&P and I'm sort-of reminded of the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar stuff of my earlier years.

But I also see things from dyed-in-the-wool Glock fanboys who shoot a CZ and are all "Oooh, I may have to switch it up!"
Here we go again..My buddy has a CZ P-10, and not a session we have had(me with my G48 and 17) and he with his CZ...not a clean, no failure session for him YET..

So, I let him shoot my Glocks..and he says, 'I may have to switch it up'....

BearPaws wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am
Stiff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:25 pm Can’t go wrong with either. However, there’s more aftermarket support for the M&P. If you feel like customizing at all, the M&P has far more options.
One might argue that the M&P is in more *need* of aftermarket upgrades. The CZ is a fine pistol out of the box!

Again with the Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar stuff.

/ducks

:roflmao:

In all seriousness, the M&P might also be available from the S&W Performance Center, with the lightened slide and the ported barrel. I can't justify the extra money for MY uses, but I can see the appeal.
People like to personalize their stuff. Some folks don’t like the idea that their gun is identical in every way to the other million out there. If you want to make your M&P a little bit different, you got a lot of options. Not so much with the CZ.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

F4FEver wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 am

Here we go again..My buddy has a CZ P-10, and not a session we have had(me with my G48 and 17) and he with his CZ...not a clean, no failure session for him YET..

So, I let him shoot my Glocks..and he says, 'I may have to switch it up'....

I have only fired a few hundred rounds through my two (P10F and P10S), but have not had a single failure. I have no idea why your buddy has so much trouble.

We rented a pistol from the range to try a red dot sight, and experienced two or three feed failures. After the first, my wife put the gun on the bench and we had the RSO look at it. Same thing after the second (I could probably have dealt with it, but it's not my gun). After the third, my wife refused to shoot the thing one more round.

I doubt my wife would consider buying that brand gun (Canik, IIRC), but since I'm the primary buyer, she won't have to worry.

And, Stiff, I totally get that people want to personalize their tools and gear. I have some pretty swanky optional equipment on some of my bicycles. My intent was meant more as a "You like this one, I like this other one, that person over there likes that one, and all three do their respective jobs, so why quibble over brands?" thing. I am far from an expert on firearms, so I won't say in any seriousness that my pistol is better than your'n.

lurker wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am thankyou marnel for confirming my suspicions by coming in under cover of darkness on sunday morning to post your spammy links. reported. my faith in humanity (not) is restored.
awww...Johnny we hardly knew ye.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".