Re: Winchester ammunition recall

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:23 am "NOTE: If ammunition of the above Symbols was purchased before March 25, 2021, it is NOT subject to the recall."

Well that helps a lot. I have not needed to buy any 9mm for the last two years.
Ditto that!! LOL

I've seriously thought about selling some 9mm for $0.75 a round - I paid 0.18/.20 on average. Same for my .40 and .22LR/22mag ammo just sitting in the safe. Would be a better ROI than my savings acct. interest or stock portfolio ! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw."
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Crow wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:47 am Wait, some people were able to find 9mm this year???
Also... for those of us in Cali, I'm assuming we get to pay double thanks to the FFL charges incurred by our state's ban on ammo shipments to private citizens...
-Crow
Are there roadblocks on the state line yet searching vehicles for ammo smugglers?
Redneck Liberal

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Crow wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:47 am Wait, some people were able to find 9mm this year???
Also... for those of us in Cali, I'm assuming we get to pay double thanks to the FFL charges incurred by our state's ban on ammo shipments to private citizens...
-Crow
Are there roadblocks on the state line yet searching vehicles for ammo smugglers?
I don't know about ammo but CA residents (determined by license plates in the parking lot) have been observed buying "High Capacity Magazines" at the Reno Gun Show and subsequently pulled over once they crossed the border into CA. It was covered over on CalGuns and I don't recall the particulars. AFAIK it's rare , but I wouldn't chance it myself.

Since I only started shouting 9mm last year, I’ve bought quite a bit as needed this year. The most I ever paid for FMJ was $0.72/round and the least has been $0.40/round. These days I’m able to find decent range ammo for $0.46/round. Anyhow, I have bought and shot Winchester several times since March so I consider myself lucky that it was incident free. I posted the recall because I’m guessing there are some in our circle here who have some at home, and they should check if it’s part of the recall.