Re: Firing of .308 with 3D-printed receiver

Hasaf wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm It had me curious enough to go look for parts kits. The problem I see is that most of the parts kits are full auto. I don't want those kinds of problems in my life right now.
I know. It would require a move to a progressive reloading set up. After so many years of single stage press reloading, I don't know whether I could make the switch. Going from right to left hand shooting recurves was really difficult, so I do not relish a move from single stage to progressive. Include me out.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Hasaf wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm It had me curious enough to go look for parts kits. The problem I see is that most of the parts kits are full auto. I don't want those kinds of problems in my life right now.
The CETME, G3, HK91, HK roller delay blowback rifles are dead nuts easy to make a legal semi auto. When you pull the guts out of the trigger pack, it'll all come out in one chunk like a cassette tape. On the bottom front (as it would be installed in the rifle) left corner, is this little auto sear that needs cut out. Yank that part out then cut the housing in that corner roughly 3/8" x 3/8". That'll leave a little square cut out of that corner. No real need to worry about the sear trip on the bolt. Government doesn't really care about it.
Screw communism

SubRosa wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:18 am ^^ What he said.

With the G3, it's all about the area around the mag catch pivot as the home for semi or full according to the ATF.

He also did an AK variant in plastic.

I wouldn't trust the lifespan of either of them.

SR
Same with some plastic car engine parts. I’ve replaced the engine intake manifold which is plastic four times in 25 years. Somethings I just like being metal. I’d not be too trusting of a plastic receiver in the long run.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

3D-printing is not yet strong enough to handle this. It will be eventually, but not yet. For purposes of the Second Amendment and the defense against tyranny, I look forward to the day that it is.

Better to go with the stamped metal flats and bend them with the jig if you want to do a CETME-type build.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/