Corruption these days

30 years ago, corruption of public officials was about even...maybe slightly tilted to the R's, but only slightly. These days, there are 10 cases of malfeasance by Republicans for every 1 on the D's.

Republicans en-masse are pushing every boundary and breaking a lot of them to see how far they can push it. I'm thankful for the responsible people who are holding them accountable.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Corruption these days

lurker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:01 pm
I'm thankful
me too, even though it seems like an exercise in futility sometimes
the demographics of the country are changing, have changed, and cheating is the only way they can win. and if they can't control whose interests get represented in this republic by cheating, they'll happily tear it down. they care nothing for the principles of a democratic republic. they want only power and control.
We're seeing that the founding principles are not something the Republicans are much interested in.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Beau would like us to understand that Republicans are primed for dictatorship. Corrupt.

Our choices are to continue to write our congresscritters and write letters to the editor.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

lurker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:48 pm doesn't matter what party. they could be bull moose or whig for all i care, they're politicians. present your evidence, indict, convict, incarcerate where appropriate.
Amen...
Politicians going to jail for legit reasons is one of the healthiest signs of a functional government.