Dammit! I did it AGAIN!

I went to hit "ACTIVE TOPICS" and hit "MARK FORUMS READ"!
Could you please switch these so "ACTIVE TOPICS" is at the bottom of the pull-down list? (unless lots of people object).
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Dammit! I did it AGAIN!

Yeah. I have to pick the things I allow to annoy me now, though. There is so much competition.

I'm not a computer dude. But I remember a thing called a .bak file. Somehow in my belief system about computers there is a little string of programming that will tell the entire system to "put those pics from there back over there." And it's hooked to a button that a person who knows what they're doing, why, that person will just click that button and everything will be tickety boo.

Now you know why I enjoy watching my broccoli grow. I don't know shit about shit with respect to computers. I click icons, poke buttons. I can type, though. :-0

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 am Yeah. I have to pick the things I allow to annoy me now, though. There is so much competition.

I'm not a computer dude. But I remember a thing called a .bak file. Somehow in my belief system about computers there is a little string of programming that will tell the entire system to "put those pics from there back over there." And it's hooked to a button that a person who knows what they're doing, why, that person will just click that button and everything will be tickety boo.

Now you know why I enjoy watching my broccoli grow. I don't know shit about shit with respect to computers. I click icons, poke buttons. I can type, though. :-0

CDFingers
Share your sentiment. The more technology changes the more simple things intrigue me. Perhaps I’ll start growing broccoli too! For now, I’m a cat chew toy!
BFF2844F-FF82-409B-B3CE-942AA31A7F8B.jpeg

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am I have to watch it in the morning that I don't hit something wrong, before my eyes are open and I'm fully caffeinated.
I'm usually pretty good, but yesterday, I got excruciatingly painful cortisone shots in each wrist as they don't seem to be getting much better 2 months after I face-planted off my bicycle. So...the doctor warned me it would be VERY painful for a few days and suggested only one, but I said, I'm in pain now and I just want to get it over with.
He said it would take a week for the cortisone to take effect, and not to get a COVID booster for 2 weeks, minimum.

So I'm wearing splints on each wrist to immobilize them as much as possible...and that makes typing a lot tougher and lots more tie-poes (J/K). It's also mildly painful to use the mouse and....thus I slipped and hit the wrong thing.

Getting old really does suck sometimes. But that's when I have to be glad I'm still alive and can RIDE a bicycle! :thumbup:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

CDFingers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:16 am Yeah. I have to pick the things I allow to annoy me now, though. There is so much competition. .....

CDFingers
I have a cat who destroys things, when he gets pissed, he pees where he's not supposed to--in a laundry basket in my closet, the shower, and my AV cabinet in the master bedroom. He's now banned from all those places. But at 4;30 to 4:45 am he's yowling to be fed, scratching at shit, banging on doors, when he's not trying to kill the nice cat. He could have food in his dish but he STILL yowls to be fed, jumps on the bed and paws at you, even bites. He's 11 years old--not a kitten. But he's definitely super-annoying!

Stinkin' Rotten Orange Cat.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how we could do that. It might require editing the theme files for phpBB which causes problems when we need to upgrade. (Mind you, there are *always* problems when upgrading phpBB anyway.) I'll run it by the other admins and see what can be done.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

KVoimakas wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:06 pm I get to be the killjoy here. Rearranging things would cause some issues; the order in the menu for those items is going to remain the same.
YOU WILL BE OSTRACISED AND ALL YOUR 1911s WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AMONGST THE COMPLAINERS ON THIS THREAD! ME, FIRST, OF COURSE!!!!

Just kidding! Thank you for all you've done. I had hoped it was a simple fix, not a major, error-risking, recompile.

YT

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am I have to watch it in the morning that I don't hit something wrong, before my eyes are open and I'm fully caffeinated.
I'm usually pretty good, but yesterday, I got excruciatingly painful cortisone shots in each wrist as they don't seem to be getting much better 2 months after I face-planted off my bicycle. So...the doctor warned me it would be VERY painful for a few days and suggested only one, but I said, I'm in pain now and I just want to get it over with.
He said it would take a week for the cortisone to take effect, and not to get a COVID booster for 2 weeks, minimum.

So I'm wearing splints on each wrist to immobilize them as much as possible...and that makes typing a lot tougher and lots more tie-poes (J/K). It's also mildly painful to use the mouse and....thus I slipped and hit the wrong thing.

Getting old really does suck sometimes. But that's when I have to be glad I'm still alive and can RIDE a bicycle! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that YT, cortisone shots are ugly. I've had two shots in my life and I get hyperactive, can't sleep, rapid heartbeat and so on, so no more cortisone for me even tablets. The lesson of old age at least for me is to pace myself, everything in moderation. We've been through a hell of a time with the pandemic, trying to keep ourselves and loved ones safe and getting back to normal will take some time. Personally I'm a walker/hiker, but everyone has their own method of fitness. Wishing you and yours the best !
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:29 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am

Sorry to hear that YT, cortisone shots are ugly. I've had two shots in my life and I get hyperactive, can't sleep, rapid heartbeat and so on, so no more cortisone for me even tablets. The lesson of old age at least for me is to pace myself, everything in moderation. We've been through a hell of a time with the pandemic, trying to keep ourselves and loved ones safe and getting back to normal will take some time. Personally I'm a walker/hiker, but everyone has their own method of fitness. Wishing you and yours the best !
The first 24 hours really sucked as the injection sites were really irritated--not allergic to cortisone--but yesterday, working on closing my pool, by the end of the day the right wrist was nearly fine, though aching a bit in the morning. The left, which had more damage, is better but still needs a lot of splinting. I can't wait to FINALLY be able to get back on the bike! I'll ride most of the winter, but not in snow.

Yes, I do have to pace myself. The eBike was a GREAT investment because I am finally motivated to ride when it's very cold--I used to HATE it. And with the steep hills here the eBike flattens them just enough so I can make it up them.