3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

1
Three people, all believed to be students, were killed in a shooting at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan, on Tuesday, authorities said.

Six others were shot and injured, including a teacher, authorities said. Their conditions were not immediately clear.

The suspected shooter, a 15-year-old male student, was taken into custody within five minutes, authorities said. A handgun has been confiscated, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said.

Authorities said they believe he acted alone. The teen has not mentioned a motive, authorities said.

Over 100 calls poured into 911 as the shooting unfolded, authorities said. The entire incident lasted five minutes, authorities said.

Oxford is about 40 miles north of Detroit.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-vict ... d=81472178

Prayers for the families and the students
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

7
DougB1946 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 pm It's not the age, it's the upbringing. Lots of kids have access to guns at a young age but don't shoot other people. I also blame Trump for a lot of the violence in the country. He tapped a nerve and let loose a lot of the worst in humanity. Even his mother saw that in him.
That is true, but regardless of upbringing the responsibility for the actions of a minor falls to the parents or guardians. An adult is to blame to some degree. Those who had legal responsibility for this minor are first inline to explain their actions and failures. Someone here failed, a minor who could not make adult decisions had access to a handgun and used it.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

8
Eris wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:14 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:32 pm Hate to be crass, but who let a 15 year old get possession of a handgun...
That's the first thing to find out. Then why he did it. Then what kind of intervention or cultural changes could have turned him away from violence.
Age restrictions. Who knew? Everyone.

CDFingers
Image
Image
.
They say that Cain caught Abel rollin' loaded dice
Ace of Spades behind his ear and him not thinkin' twice

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

11
While I don’t advocate mandated storage, I do agree there is a responsibility to keep guns out of the hands of children. The only time a minor should have a gun in their possession is under direct adult supervision. I could see charging the responsible adult with negligent homicide. Since being responsible doesn’t work perhaps the threat of jail time and becoming a felon might. Parents or guardians should be responsible for all actions of a minor.
Last edited by sikacz on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

12
sikacz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:10 pm
DougB1946 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 pm It's not the age, it's the upbringing. Lots of kids have access to guns at a young age but don't shoot other people. I also blame Trump for a lot of the violence in the country. He tapped a nerve and let loose a lot of the worst in humanity. Even his mother saw that in him.
That is true, but regardless of upbringing the responsibility for the actions of a minor falls to the parents or guardians. An adult is to blame to some degree. Those who had legal responsibility for this minor are first inline to explain their actions and failures. Someone here failed, a minor who could not make adult decisions had access to a handgun and used it.
Imagine the country if trump the traitor had lost to Clinton. NOT saying everything would be roses and kittens but the meanness, divisiveness, anger, would not exist w/o trump. HE is the catalyst, the figure head. Hopefully he doesn't run in 2024..he's dangerous...

For this kid..if he got the gun from his parents..THEY need to face charges...

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

13
The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

15
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.

I agree and I also voted for HRC, but not for her agenda.

We're victims to a media that sees the extremes as more news worthy than giving us objective news. Extremes get clicks and clicks bring revenue and that's the medias main job. I don't care about battles between extreme politicians, they're all media whores but it fascinates the media like tittle tattle gossip. I refuse to play their game and get manipulated.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

16
It’s pointless to play “what if’s” with HRC’s election. TFG only blew the lid off the problem that was brewing in this country like a kettle of shit-stew since Sarah Palin stirred the pot of white discontent. The problem is with the divisive direction of the politics (and yes, the media) of this country, NOT just individual politicians. Any crazy wing-nut that goes down in flames (like Palin did) just makes room for a worse blowhard to take center stage. And yes, media companies are capitalizing off the problem.
Last edited by Bisbee on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

17
highdesert wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:31 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.

I agree and I also voted for HRC, but not for her agenda.

We're victims to a media that sees the extremes as more news worthy than giving us objective news. Extremes get clicks and clicks bring revenue and that's the medias main job. I don't care about battles between extreme politicians, they're all media whores but it fascinates the media like tittle tattle gossip. I refuse to play their game and get manipulated.
^^^THIS!^^^

I believe the dad bought the gun for the kid, or at minimum taught him to shoot it as the kid had posted images of his targets after practice.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

18
Bisbee wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:50 pm It’s pointless to play “what if’s” with HRC’s election. TFG only blew the lid off the problem that was brewing in this country like a kettle of shit-stew since Sarah Palin stirred the pot of white discontent. The problem is with the divisive direction of the politics of this country and NOT just individual politicians. Any crazy wing-nut that goes down in flames (like Palin did) just makes room for a worse blowhard to take center stage.
It goes at least 3 decades before palin’s appearance on the political stage.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

21
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.
That pretty much sums it up.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

22
A preliminary investigation has found that the suspect in Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School remained in the school hallway for the duration of the shooting, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said. He never went into any rooms, and never knocked on any doors, Bouchard added.

The shooting suspect was identified as a 15-year-old boy by Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald on Wednesday. He has been charged as an adult, with terrorism causing death and first-degree murder, among other charges, in connection with the fatal shooting at Oxford High School in Michigan.

Bouchard said based on their initial investigation, the first time the suspect is seen with a weapon is on surveillance video coming out of the bathroom at the school, but investigators are still working to piece together a timeline of events.

“The first time we saw the weapon actually in evidence was when he came out the bathroom [on surveillance video], so every other moment in time it wasn’t observed. So whether it was concealed on his person, or in backpack, or hidden somewhere in a restroom, that is all part of the investigation,” Bouchard said.

The sheriff also said he is not aware of any law enforcement agency that had the suspect on their radar prior to Tuesday’s shooting.

Bouchard said their investigation found that the suspect actually had 18 remaining rounds on him. He clarified remarks he made Tuesday, when he said the suspect had seven remaining rounds, explaining on Wednesday that additional rounds were found in a magazine.

Law enforcement authorities believe the suspect fired at least 30 shots, due to at least 30 shell casings recovered at the scene, Bouchard said.

A search and forensic processing of the crime scene at Oxford High School began on Tuesday after the shooting and continued throughout the night until 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Bouchard added.
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.

Bouchard said he personally asked the school district about the matter and "they had no information in any of their records that he had been bullied and we have had no information brought to our attention from any other source that he had been bullied."

The sheriff also said the suspect was not on any law enforcement radar.

"We had no communication about him or about anything that was pending," he said. "And I haven't heard from any law enforcement agency that they did."

Bouchard said he assumes that the shooter carried the gun into the school or put it in the waistband of his pants.
Authorities are considering charges against both parents of the suspect in the fatal Oxford Michigan high school shooting, with the prosecutor saying a decision would be made on that “swiftly."

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen D. McDonald said the shooting was premeditated “well before the incident,” adding that a “mountain of digital evidence” adds to the confidence in the charges of first-degree murder.

The charge of first-degree murder “requires premeditation and I am absolutely sure after reviewing the evidence that it isn’t even a close call, it was absolutely premeditated”

She said the digital evidence includes video tapes, social media and more.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/school ... n-12-01-21
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

23
FrontSight wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.
That pretty much sums it up.
Yes, but w/o trump the traitor, many things would be different, IMHO. Jan 6th wouldn't have happened as an example.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

24
F4FEver wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am
FrontSight wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.
That pretty much sums it up.
Yes, but w/o trump the traitor, many things would be different, IMHO. Jan 6th wouldn't have happened as an example.
A right wing power attempt could still have happened. It’s a “what if” in any case and useless to ponder. This is a problem long time brewing.
Image
Image

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: 3 killed, 6 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school

25
sikacz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 am
F4FEver wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 am
FrontSight wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 am The meanness and divisiveness would not have been prevented by clinton’s election. (I voted for her.) We have been building to this moment for decades, near fifty years or more, each side pushing some divisive issue and demeaning the opposing side. We’ve diminished facts, reality and education in order to satisfy an agenda. The previous occupant was the malignant result and not the cause of our illness. There was a time building consensus was a goal to craft workable legislation acceptable to all sides. Those times are long gone. Emotion has replaced analytical responses and facts/reality by unfounded opinion to drive an agenda. Good luck republic, I doubt there’s effective medicine to cure what ails.
That pretty much sums it up.
Yes, but w/o trump the traitor, many things would be different, IMHO. Jan 6th wouldn't have happened as an example.
A right wing power attempt could still have happened. It’s a “what if” in any case and useless to ponder. This is a problem long time brewing.

Yes, it's just speculation unless there is evidence to cite.

To me the divisiveness goes back to Newt Gingrich when he pushed to topple House Republican leader Bob Michel. Gingrich became speaker in 1995 with his "Contract with America" and Dick Armey was majority leader and Tom DeLay the whip and it's been down hill since.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 0 guests

cron