Re: 2022 Midterm Elections

I think a full blown Recession will be inevitable. Down Ballot Democrats are largely beginning to turn on Biden. Even the normally friendly media has called out the DNC for doing nothing more than fund raising from the Roe decision. Article in Politico interviewing Ruy Texeira, pretty much explains it. Democrats have placed so much on Gender/Identity politics while completely ignoring the economic situation. CNN is now running news that BA.5 is "Now the most dangerous variant." Not sure how true this is, but expect the Mask Wars and School Wars to start up again before election. Let's face it, the bulk of Americans can only process one crisis at a time. Hoping for Trump to jump in the political mix before Mid Terms is wishful thinking. Talking about Trump over Kitchen Table issues is not a winning strategy anyway. The only saving grace in the Senate maybe Dr. Oz and Walker being such bad candidates, but at this rate I would not be surprised to see Senator Walker come November. Bottom line is Biden had one job and that was to "Return to Normal." This has been a big failure especially since Democrats control both the White House and Congress. Republican party is growing, the Republican party is picking up non white voters despite the Trump years.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Focus on the economy, not ‘critical race theory’ or sex ed: Inside Democrats’ plan to win back parents
https://archive.ph/gbd16
Recent polling also indicates that parent voters are more focused on helping students recover from pandemic-related learning loss than on critical race theory, according to a May survey of likely voters in seven battleground states conducted by the American Federation of Teachers, one of the nation’s largest teachers unions.

The AFT survey found that of the 60% of respondents who are dissatisfied with the way students are instructed on issues of race in America, only 9% cited critical race theory as a reason. Republicans insist that parents remain worried about what their children are learning about sex and racism. “We have drawn a very clear line in the sand that says our school system is for educating kids, not indoctrinating them,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a leading voice of GOP outrage over public schools, told the annual conference of Moms for Liberty, a conservative activist group, July 15.

Parents have long been key to both parties’ electoral strategies. Most Republicans between the ages of 18 and 55 are parents, as are nearly half of Democrats in that age group. Come November, they could prove to be a key swing group.

Although Democrats have historically been more trusted than Republicans on education, that has been shifting recently, noted Celinda Lake, a veteran Democratic pollster who worked for the Biden campaign. A poll of likely voters across 62 battleground congressional districts — the places where control of the House will likely be decided — found that 43% of respondents said they trusted Democrats on issues of education. But 47% of respondents trusted Republicans more, according to the June survey conducted by Democrats for Education Reform, an organization that supports school choice and standardized testing.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:27 am It's 2022 but the polling for the 2024 Republican Presidential nomination is clear and Trump is the elephant in the room. The polling is from quality pollsters and Trump is consistently ahead.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... html#polls
We can only hope that when he runs it is in an orange jumpsuit with a big P on the back of it.
Trump V. DeSantis: Young Conservatives Debate GOP's Future

An unscientific straw poll of attendees at the event found that 78.7% would vote for Trump in a GOP primary, with DeSantis coming in second with 19%. No other potential candidate came in above 1 percent.
Full article here https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-de ... da24026121

Right now Pence is persona non grata to the majority of the Repugs so we have DeSatan or TOS. America is caught between the Devil and the Deep Orange Sea.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

We have the Turning Point USA Trump Fiasco and we can see the results.
Nazi flags displayed outside Turning Point USA summit attended by Trump condemned as 'pure hatred' by the Florida Holocaust Museum

The Florida Holocaust Museum condemned the waving of antisemitic flags outside a conservative conference attended by former President Donald Trump, on Saturday.

Protesters gathered outside the Tampa Convention Center with Nazi flags, swastikas, the SS logo, and antisemitic caricatures of Jews, while the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit was taking place.

Turning Point USA told Insider that the group was not connected to the event.
https://www.businessinsider.com/nazi-fl ... ker-2022-7

The fact that they were there to support their views at a rightwing conference is not just a matter of luck.

Then we have tis little tidbit.
Trump says he wanted to give himself Medal of Honor but was told it was ‘inappropriate’

Donald Trump said he was dissuaded from awarding himself the Congressional Medal of Honor — the highest award for military valor in action — as he headlined the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit.

“As President, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor but they wouldn’t let me do it... They said that would be inappropriate,” Mr Trump told a crowd of right-wing student activists in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday night.

Elsewhere in his remarks, which came two days after the eighth public hearing of the January 6 committee’s investigation into events before and during the Capitol riot and his central role, the former president told how a friend had described him as “the most persecuted person in the history our country”.

“I never thought of it that way. I never had time. I was always fighting these people that were trying to persecute me,” he said.

“I didn’t have time to think about getting persecuted because I was fighting persecution. Certainly, there’s been no politician or president treated like I’ve been treated.”

Mr Trump made a similar claim in a Friday night speech at a “Save America” rally in Arizona.
Full article here to read if you can stomach it. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30101.html

He should have gone ahead and awarded it to himself. that would have guaranteed his loss of any election he tried to run in. It would have cause a major revolt in the military and with most Americans.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

A recent survey conducted by CNN and the research firm SSRS found that 47 percent of those aged 65 and over said they would vote for a GOP candidate if the midterm congressional election for their district were held "today," with slightly more people aged 65 and over saying they would vote for a Democratic candidate (49 percent).

This is a major turnaround from May, when a previous CNN/SSRS poll found that nearly two-thirds of those aged 65 and over (62 percent) said they would back a Republican candidate in the midterms, compared to just 37 percent of seniors who said they would back a Democratic candidate.
https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senior-vot ... ns-1726839

Posting the truth often enough grinds the lie into dust.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) appears to be in a statistical tie with Republican nominee Herschel Walker, while Republican Gov. Brian Kemp holds a slight lead over Democratic rival Stacey Abrams. That's according to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution/University of Georgia poll shared with Axios. This is the newspaper's first poll since the swing state's May primary, conducted four months away from its widely-anticipated 2022 elections.

Warnock has a three-point lead over Walker but the results remain within the poll's 3.3% margin of error. Meanwhile, Kemp holds a five-point lead over Abrams, with 48% to Abrams' 43%. In the senate contest, 8% were undecided; 7% were unsure in the governor's race. The results track close to the averages of polling compiled so far by FiveThirtyEight, which show Warnock barely up 1% and Kemp up nearly 6%.

They indicate a November possibility of split-ticket voting, which Georgia already saw play out during the 2021 Senate runoffs. No candidates in the AJC poll captured the more than 50% required to avoid a runoff in Georgia. Both marquee races have third-party candidates. While Kemp and Abrams polled evenly with independent voters, Warnock held an 11-point lead with the independents who were questioned.

The results showed Abrams with 80% among Black voters in Georgia and Warnock with about 85%. Kemp pulled in 10% of Black voters' support, to Walker's 9%. Both Democrats are also polling better with women voters. But Walker is trailing Kemp, with 36% of his supporters identifying as female. 41% of those supporting Kemp were women.
https://www.axios.com/local/atlanta/202 ... orgia-poll
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When Donald Trump formally declares his 2024 candidacy, he won’t just be running for another term in the White House. He’ll be running away from legal troubles, possible criminal charges, and even the specter of prison time. In recent months, Trump has made clear to associates that the legal protections of occupying the Oval Office are front-of-mind for him, four people with knowledge of the situation tell Rolling Stone.

Trump has “spoken about how when you are the president of the United States, it is tough for politically motivated prosecutors to ‘get to you,” says one of the sources, who has discussed the issue with Trump this summer. “He says when [not if] he is president again, a new Republican administration will put a stop to the [Justice Department] investigation that he views as the Biden administration working to hit him with criminal charges — or even put him and his people in prison.”

Presidential immunity and picking his own attorney general aren’t Trump’s only reasons for running again. And as he works on another run, Trump is in a tug-of-war with leaders and operatives of his own party about when to announce, according to multiple people with knowledge of the matter.

The former president is motivated to announce early — even before Election Day 2022 — in the hopes of clearing the field of primary rivals. But GOP leaders, including some of Trump’s closest advisors, don’t want him to declare his intentions until after the midterm elections. The GOP wants to keep voters focused on President Joe Biden, rather than transforming the contest into a referendum on Trump. In recent months, Trump has reluctantly agreed to hold off, only to return shortly thereafter with threats to make an early announcement, either out of self-interest, spite, or some combination of the two.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 6-1384379/

He may nort want to declare to soon.
Trump will lose RNC funding for legal bills if he announces 2024 candidacy

The Republican National Convention would stop paying for former President Donald Trump's legal expenses if he announces he's running for president in 2024, according to a Thursday report.

The RNC is currently bankrolling several legal cases for Trump, including personal lawsuits and government investigations into him. That flow of cash would end once he announces his candidacy for president in 2024, according to ABC News. Some see the move as an incentive for Trump to delay announcing his candidacy at least until after the 2022 midterm elections, which Republicans are already poised to win.

RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel has previously stated that the Republican Party cannot be biased in favor of any one candidate in the party's presidential primary.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump ... acy-report

Since he is worth Billions of dollars, why can’t he pay for his own lawyers? He won’t announce because he would lose the free ride. Grifters gotta grift.

Shades of what is to come in the 2022 Midterm Elections.
GOP Officials in at Least 3 States Have Refused to Certify Primary Results

Republican election officials in at least three states have refused to certify primary votes, in a sign of things to come amid the party’s baseless election fraud crusade.

Numerous allies of former President Donald Trump have echoed his lies about voter fraud on the campaign trail. Trump-backed Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake and Nevada U.S. Senate candidate Adam Laxalt both claimed evidence of “election stealing” before any votes were cast. Colorado secretary of state candidate Tina Peters has twice demanded recounts of her Republican primary race after losing by double digits. Nevada gubernatorial candidate Joey Gilbert filed a lawsuit alleging that his GOP primary loss was a “mathematical impossibility,” even after a recount he requested confirmed the results.

While candidates are free to challenge the results of their elections under various state guidelines, Trump-allied election officials pose a more insidious threat. Echoing the same false narratives as Trump and his endorsed candidates, county officials in New Mexico, Nevada and Pennsylvania have tried to circumvent state laws and refused to sign off on primary results.
Full article here:https://truthout.org/articles/gop-offic ... y-results/

tonguengroover wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:57 pm Well there needs to be protests in front of all their houses. What goes around.
Not sure if a trebuchet counts as a dangerous and unusual weapon. They're a Dickens to conceal, though. "Either you're really glad to see me, or you're on your way to fling rotting carcasses at the Justice's house."

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

So I got an e-mail survey link from the dems. Said the republicans are exited about November. Then it asked am I with a yes or no button, I sent back a NO. Still sent me to their donation page. I killed the link at that point. It should have asked me why not instead of asking me for money.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

2CCD6E15-F9B4-40B5-9A2F-3C0A1891D27E.jpeg
Unfortunately their agenda is not mine especially when they ignore all the issues I do support in favor of pushing gun control and bans. The latter doesn’t reduce any significant numbers, but pushing for healthcare, education and public programs to address the inequalities and lack of opportunities in depressed under served communities would help millions. Before anyone mentions “but republicans”, I don’t give a shit about republicans they don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting my vote. The dems would if they actually looked at and focused on issues that really matter. Gun control and bans are not it. My enthusiasm level for dems is at negative numbers.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

My enthusiasm for both parties is in the negatives right now. Democrats are listening to their wealthy blue coast donors and the anti-gunners. I've always believed that healthcare and education are top priorities, I don't believe in their obsession with gun control. Right now I'm in a blue state so I can vote third party or not vote at all for any office and say "f-you" to the Democrats.

I may actually vote for a republican in California if there is one that isn't fucking vile. Between the CA dems recent actions on guns (total denial of any and all SCOTUS decisions combined with "pay back" for Roe), continued failure to address pertinent issues in this state and then doxing all us CCW holders (yeah, I take that one personally) , fuck 'em. Federally, I'll plug my nose and vote for whoever i have to to keep Trump or DeSantis far away from the office.