Re: 2022 Midterm Elections

sikacz wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:09 am
highdesert wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:53 am
sikacz wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:46 am
highdesert wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:29 pm

I suspect that will be my problem in June, too many gun grabbers with a "D" after their names.
I’m wondering what will get their attention.

They are so brain washed with fear of firearms, I'm not sure what would get their attention. They're like Trumpers, they are beyond reason it's all emotion with no room for logical discussions.
That doesn't really make the dems very attractive. Voting for a lesser evil doesn't bring about a change in thinking. It just seems to reinforce bad policies. Need to shift to an alternative then. The argument is getting old, every election cycle it's the same, "at least we're not republicans" only goes so far in my opinion. I voted dem primary, but I'm not enthusiastic about their likely candidates in November.
Yes, Democrats and Republicans drink the Kool Aid and live in echo chambers. They are convinced that their side is not only correct, but their thinking is totally normal. Their opponents are wrong and crazy and stupid and abnormal. It's party loyalty something we used to condemn communists for, but Americans practice it too.

I have to wait and see who gets nominated for the June primary, I'll probably have a lot of blank box on my ballot too.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CDFingers wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:18 am Thinking critically takes work. Americans will spend weeks researching and posting a fantasy football team, but they won't figure out whom to vote for.

CDFingers
Yes critical thinking is tough and Americans have more important things to do. I still think we should become like Europe and fine people who don't vote, it's a civic duty like paying taxes.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Our voter registration cards came yesterday. Wife voted by mail already and I went to early voting. Luckily the card is not necessary to vote. I suspect there are people who don’t know that.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:56 am Our voter registration cards came yesterday. Wife voted by mail already and I went to early voting. Luckily the card is not necessary to vote. I suspect there are people who don’t know that.
Got my VUID last Friday, long after early voting started. Was back on Bexar County elections web site this morning - totally revamped from last week. Now warns about not adding DL/SS digits on ballot envelope before sealing - a tad late. Bad link to check ballot is now gone completely. After scouring the site finally found a link to Texas State ballot tracker.............and my returned ballot still in limbo. I expect that will change after 7 PM tonight - hopefully that it counted. Early primary voting totals way down. I expect same for general in November with lots of denied ballots.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:11 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:56 am Our voter registration cards came yesterday. Wife voted by mail already and I went to early voting. Luckily the card is not necessary to vote. I suspect there are people who don’t know that.
Got my VUID last Friday, long after early voting started. Was back on Bexar County elections web site this morning - totally revamped from last week. Now warns about not adding DL/SS digits on ballot envelope before sealing - a tad late. Bad link to check ballot is now gone completely. After scouring the site finally found a link to Texas State ballot tracker.............and my returned ballot still in limbo. I expect that will change after 7 PM tonight - hopefully that it counted. Early primary voting totals way down. I expect same for general in November with lots of denied ballots.
Seems like voter suppression is going as planned.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:34 am
Wino wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:11 am
Seems like voter suppression is going as planned.
Well when the Repugs election officials look at the ballots if they are marked for someone that isn't one of the Three Stooges that's a bad ballot throw it out. It's not who votes but who counts the ballots. I expect to see many lawsuits arising from this election.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Tried to vote today.

Curbside machines hadn't arrived or were not working.

Tried to go in to vote but only half as many machines as during the last primary and an estimate of an hour or so to get to a machine.

Tried to stand as long as I could but back finally gave out. returned the little sticker and will try again another day.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:19 pm Tried to vote today.

Curbside machines hadn't arrived or were not working.

Tried to go in to vote but only half as many machines as during the last primary and an estimate of an hour or so to get to a machine.

Tried to stand as long as I could but back finally gave out. returned the little sticker and will try again another day.
This election in Texas and in some other states sounds like an example of an election for Putin in Russia.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

P's chances are slim to none. Paxton beat Bush by 350K +/-; I expect Gohmerts votes will go mostly to Paxton; Guzman's to split, which means Paxton the Crook will win runoff in my guesstimation since he has turds support and the general since this is Texas. In a rational state, Paxton would be out and in prison - but then, so would turd.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

sig230 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:14 am The runoff between Cuellar and Cisneros was a happy surprise.
Yes, indeed!!

My ballot still in limbo this morn.

Reading over some results in Bexar county SATX - Dems out voted Reps by about 7K+ in respective primaries. However, Reps came out in larger numbers than in past - I suspect this may be due to cross over voters as I know several people that voted in Rep primary in a futile attempt to get our top three turds out - all to no avail. Overall, 15% of registered voters bothered to vote. Absentee (mail in) voting by Dems was 2.5 x greater than reps. Early and same day voting fairly close in numbers with Dems ahead in both. Of 1.2M registered voters 183K actually voted. Haven't seen anything as yet on denied ballots, although reports say it's a very high number.

Nothing to look forward to. Hopefully admins will setup a midterm section. I’m going to slowly tamp down my comments. Don’t see anything good happening and I don’t see positions changing.

My ballot still in limbo.

heard report that 35% + of county mail in ballots rejected. They had 4 hrs. yesterday and Monday by 5 PM to get corrected or no count. Has to be done in person at election office just off downtown.

Wino wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:32 am My ballot still in limbo.

heard report that 35% + of county mail in ballots rejected. They had 4 hrs. yesterday and Monday by 5 PM to get corrected or no count. Has to be done in person at election office just off downtown.
I think there’s a time limit by which all votes need to be counted. Sounds like you may have missed out on voting.

Have you talked with the county elections office? If so then time to call some newspapers and ask if they're investigating on the county and state level. Sika is right, counties have a time limit when they have to certify results to the state and the state canvassing board then certifies the primary election.

Wino wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:32 am My ballot still in limbo.

You didn't vote like they suggested so your's is in the reject pile. :angry:

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:21 am Have you talked with the county elections office? If so then time to call some newspapers and ask if they're investigating on the county and state level. Sika is right, counties have a time limit when they have to certify results to the state and the state canvassing board then certifies the primary election.
I tried emailing their on line contact email - it was rejected as not on approved email addy list??? Phone line always busy or told to hold, then it hangs up.

On state ballot tracker site my ballot has '5' stages - the first 4 have a green check mark - 5 is still unchecked and grayed out.
1 - application received - 2/2/22 ckd. green
2 - application status - 2/2/22 ckd. green
3 - ballot mailed - 2/7/22 ckd. green
4 - ballot received - 2/16/22 ckd. green
5 - ballot status - unknown - no change just #5 - no green check.
According to web site, if ballot rejected, you should be informed with sufficient time to correct any errors - either by email/messaging/VoIP or snail mail - they have all my contact info and I've seen nothing at all regarding any errors. I answer no cell or VoIP calls from unknown numbers and expect they would leave a message if legit - probably wishful thinking on my part. As posted Monday 3/7 @ 5 PM is deadline to get ballot correct and counted.

Not feeling very optimistic.

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:21 am According to web site, if ballot rejected, you should be informed with sufficient time to correct any errors - either by email/messaging/VoIP or snail mail - they have all my contact info and I've seen nothing at all regarding any errors. I answer no cell or VoIP calls from unknown numbers and expect they would leave a message if legit - probably wishful thinking on my part. As posted Monday 3/7 @ 5 PM is deadline to get ballot correct and counted.

Not feeling very optimistic.
Yes, according too...

But reality.

I got the replacement vote by mail application and the notice my original application was rejected in Tuesday's mail.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Guess y’all weren’t on the Three Stooges pre-approved voter list for voting by mail. :roll: