Santa Rosa 16yo charged with felony possession of a "assault weapon," home-built SBR, ammo

Santa Rosa teen arrested for allegedly possessing a ghost gun
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KRON) — Santa Rosa police officers arrested a 16-year-old male in possession of an assault weapon Saturday night, officials say.
Officers found an assault rifle “ghost gun” with a 3D printed lower receiver in the vehicle’s trunk. Police say the arrested teen was in possession of the firearm.

The 16-year-old was booked into juvenile hall and charged for felony possession of an assault weapon, felony possession of a short-barreled rifle, misdemeanor possession of ammunition by a minor.

Re: Santa Rosa 16yo charged with felony possession of a "assault weapon," home-built SBR, ammo

DispositionMatrix wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm
featureless wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:42 am Not surprising CA gun laws don't prevent some people from doing whatever the fuck they want. I'm not convinced possession of something inert is worthy of a felony.
The possession of one rifle got him 3 felonies.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, I guess. The law is the law as much as we may disagree with it.

Re: Santa Rosa 16yo charged with felony possession of a "assault weapon," home-built SBR, ammo

I misread the title of this thread as
“Sub Rosa’s 16 y/o charged with a felony of possession of a “assault weapon, home built SBR, ammo,” and thought to myself:
“Huh, I thought his son was older than that.”
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Legislators blindly make everything a felony, it's to show voters they are "tough on crime", whether it's a red state or a blue state.
The ten states with the highest prison populations in the country are Texas (154,749), California (122,417), Florida (96,009), Georgia (54,113), Ohio (50,338), Pennsylvania (45,485), New York (43,439), Arizona (40,951), Illinois (38,259), and Michigan (38,053). In terms of imprisonment rate per 100,000 people, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Mississippi have the highest rates, 680, 639, and 636, respectively.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... n-by-state
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bisbee wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:57 am I misread the title of this thread as
“Sub Rosa’s 16 y/o charged with a felony of possession of a “assault weapon, home built SBR, ammo,” and thought to myself:
“Huh, I thought his son was older than that.”
LOL!

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

DispositionMatrix wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm
featureless wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:42 am Not surprising CA gun laws don't prevent some people from doing whatever the fuck they want. I'm not convinced possession of something inert is worthy of a felony.
The possession of one rifle got him 3 felonies.
OK, but where did he get it? Like 'follow the money', follow the gun, even if it IS 'ghosted'.