Re: REINTRODUCING THE MARLIN® MODEL 1895 TRAPPER LEVER-ACTION RIFLE

I'm totally glad about the quality of these--I have Marlins and Rugers and can confirm the quality is high. The short barrel here is designed for quick action in the woods: "Trapper." Sure, it would be more accurate with a longer barrel and sight radius. The short one is quicker. At home, I'm sure lookin' at the business end of one of those would be like peering down a train tunnel to Hell.

CDFigners
If I had a gun for every ace I've drawn
I could arm a town the size of Zhytomyr

sikacz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:27 am Might be interesting if it came with a 28” barrel.
Then that would be the first one Ruger/Marlin came out with, 1895 SBR with a 19 inch barrel.
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_1895sbl/

I like the straight walled ammo. Not sure why but it appeals to me. If I ever run into one on the shelf it's going to be really hard not to grab it.
Pence makes no sense

CDFingers wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:06 am I'm totally glad about the quality of these--I have Marlins and Rugers and can confirm the quality is high. The short barrel here is designed for quick action in the woods: "Trapper." Sure, it would be more accurate with a longer barrel and sight radius. The short one is quicker. At home, I'm sure lookin' at the business end of one of those would be like peering down a train tunnel to Hell.

CDFigners
Hope your neighbors are a mile or so away from you...

CDFingers wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:34 am Did you all see how good Hickock45 is with that .45-70? That video above compares the Remington version and the Marlin version.

CDFingers
Yeah, and I can't believe the round went straight through that little clay pot without obliterating it.
Personally I want one in .405 Win. Not sure there's all that much difference between a .405 or a 45-70.
Pence makes no sense

CDFingers wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am Last time I took out the Siamese Mauser .45-70. I'm gonna stay away from the 500 grainers.
CDFingers
And that was only from the Muzzle Blast.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,