Mass shooting of LEOs in Eastern Kentucky

Code: Select all

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/07/01/sheriff-multiple-shot-eastern-ky-situation/?fbclid=IwAR1pigZK5mhjvzKIgJ-UBJnzLj1y_i-LD-A3rz7WDV5Q91XwJT8359ldjBA
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Mass shooting of LEOs in Eastern Kentucky

additional info

Code: Select all

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/officer-killed-kentucky-police-shooting-floyd-allen/51-217a15bb-cc3f-4c31-812c-58775c1f1c59
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Who was the shooter and how did he get his gun? These LEOs on TV, all teary, and as soon as they wipe away their tears, yell about 2A 'freedoms', and how great it is for gents.......like the shooter...... to easily buy a gun.
Guns everywhere, bad cops on YT almost everyday..everybody has a video camera with them(smart phone)...this isn't surprising at all.

Three Kentucky police officers and a police canine were killed and at least four other officers were injured following a shootout in a residential area in the city of Prestonsburg Thursday night, police said. Prestonsburg Police Capt. Ralph Frasure and Deputy William Petry were identified among the deceased, as well as K9 Drago and Canine Handler Jacob Chaffins, Kentucky State Police said.

Lance Storz, 49, was taken into custody following a shootout at his home, as two officers arrived to serve him an arrest warrant shortly before 7 p.m. Storz, armed with a rifle, opened fire and struck both officers, the Prestonsburg Police Department said.
Floyd County Sheriff John Hunt told reporters Friday that the officers encountered "pure hell" when they arrived on the scene, saying they had "no chance." Other officers from different jurisdictions responded to the incident and at least four were injured, they added.
"The man fired hundreds of rounds from prepositioned firearms throughout the home," a post from the Officer Down Memorial Page read. Storz was wanted for domestic violence offenses, police said.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-pol ... spect-home

Domestics can be very risky.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I have a shooting buddy whose nephew was an officer on scene (he was not injured). He told my friend officers were there to issue an emergency protective order. I don't know if they were going to red flag him or not.

Hiker wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:54 pm I have a shooting buddy whose nephew was an officer on scene (he was not injured). He told my friend officers were there to issue an emergency protective order. I don't know if they were going to red flag him or not.
Thankfully the nephew wasn't hurt. It's almost getting to the point where domestics including protective orders and felony warrants should be jobs for SWAT teams. I feel sorry for the families.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 pm
Hiker wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:54 pm I have a shooting buddy whose nephew was an officer on scene (he was not injured). He told my friend officers were there to issue an emergency protective order. I don't know if they were going to red flag him or not.
Thankfully the nephew wasn't hurt. It's almost getting to the point where domestics including protective orders and felony warrants should be jobs for SWAT teams. I feel sorry for the families.
Totally agree.
I'd be outside with a bull horn and NOT in front of the door.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Could wait until the guy makes a beer run or something. Hindsight is always 20/20. But then the SWAT budget needs justification...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I've read that this guy had multiple rifles in multiple shooting positions all stocked with ammo etc, so these murders were all premeditated not to mention the danger to any neighbors with rifle bullets zinging all over the place.

The on site LEO's are truly amazing IMO given that in many cases of this extreme nature the perp would not have been taken alive (after killing multiple people/LEO's and a K9!).