How far will the SCOTUS go in reversing decisions?

We have seen many decisions in this term of the court that have reversed decisions that we thought had been settled long ago. How many more can we expect to see reversed by this Rightwing Ultra-conservative court?

Griswold v. Connecticut — which, for married couples, made access to contraception a constitutional right and Clarence Thomas wants to the High Court to “reconsider” that Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling. With the High Court being majority Catholic this might just happen. I can see it now with the Catholic majority of the court standing up and singing I Got Rhythm Who could ask for anything more?

There are many other cases that they can rule on causing more harm to the American people.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/claren ... 657580009/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: How far will the SCOTUS go in reversing decisions?

We tend to forget that Company Towns and Company Money continued even right up and into WWII.

The basic rights to be treated as a human for many Americans did not exist right on into the 1970s. There was a short aberration period just after WWII when things for some in the US were rosy but that was simply because the US was one of the few major nations where the industrial capabilities and infrastructure had not been totally destroyed but no one ever learned that it was an aberration and NOT the norm.

The few gains that have been made were never codified and it is only a miracle that anyone today is not being paid in Company Script, living in Company Housing, buying only in Company Stores and subject to immediate discharge with no appeal or recourse with no finances that can be used anywhere other than the Company Store.

All of the gains exist only on suffrage and can be withdrawn with the stroke of a pen.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Every justice that joined the Bruen and Dobbs decisions agreed to the main tenets of the decision, some wrote concurring opinions to be more specific. Reporters write articles to make money, it sparks controversy and gets hits on their websites which is revenue for the company. Judicial decisions/opinions are based on real cases, news articles can speculate and theorize and start a conspiracy, they're not required to follow the facts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sig230 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:45 am We tend to forget that Company Towns and Company Money continued even right up and into WWII.

The basic rights to be treated as a human for many Americans did not exist right on into the 1970s. There was a short aberration period just after WWII when things for some in the US were rosy but that was simply because the US was one of the few major nations where the industrial capabilities and infrastructure had not been totally destroyed but no one ever learned that it was an aberration and NOT the norm.

The few gains that have been made were never codified and it is only a miracle that anyone today is not being paid in Company Script, living in Company Housing, buying only in Company Stores and subject to immediate discharge with no appeal or recourse with no finances that can be used anywhere other than the Company Store.

All of the gains exist only on suffrage and can be withdrawn with the stroke of a pen.
Good old times. Roll back will be as far as their benefactors want.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

It's an election year and Democrats are playing the wedge issues just like Republicans do. Scare articles are already appearing in newspapers saying gay marriage or transgendered medical and surgical treatments are next to be overturned or that SCOTUS will legalize automatic weapons next. And Republicans play up the huge rise in crime rates. Political parties use any tactics to get Americans to vote for their candidates including fear.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What issues would business like to see changed.

There are two bodies driving policy right now, the Christian Cult of Willful Ignorance and Deceit and Big Business. One speaks loudly but the other speaks dollars.

One wants control of YOUR body, the other wants control of your productivity.

Look for a continued erosion of Unions, fair labor practices and environmental controls.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim