Dark Brandon

There are many to link to. Just in the last four days Dark Brandon memes are reaching down Republican throats, grabbing them by the assholes, and turning them inside out.
The reason for this is: Everyone who's anyone can see that the Party of the Hapless Who Hitched Themselves to Lies, is actually based on lies, is empty, and has no platform beyond No! That is, no principles anymore, no solid research, no actual numbers, and a record reaching back even before St. Ronnie of eviscerating public benefits and transferring public wealth to Republican pockets. There is no record to stand on beyond every R president in recent memory has increased the deficit and debt. They whine about freedom as they take freedoms away. Everyone can see can see this. To believe an Orange Face on a Stallone bod is all they have. But it can't measure up. It gives the small titillation, but it never, never pays off. It's an empty grift.

Get out the vote. We must crush them in November under the weight of millions upon millions of American votes. We must stuff fascism down the garbage disposal with a broom stick. Make no mistake. This is not a drill.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Dark Brandon

We can debate over whether it’s foolish to assign any intellectual significance to the tweets made by weirdos on the internet, but I do think that both Dark Brandon and DarkMAGA were interesting artifacts of America’s superheated political environment. The country does feel like it’s perched on the precipice of some sort of prophetic rebirth, and perhaps, as our institutions erode into the sea, Dark Brandon is the harbinger of that final judgment. Meanwhile, because Trump does feel like he might come back, more vengeful than before, DarkMAGA’s attempts to speak that into existence feel like a warning.

But that all changed this week, when Dark Brandon was formally co-opted by the Democratic base. The term no longer has its doomy connotations; instead, it’s being used to give Joe Biden’s enfeebled brand some long-diminished vigor. He’s killing people with drones? Good! “Dark Brandon is rocking it!” writes one poster, accompanying a meme with a caption that reads, “Actions speak louder than golf.” (Trump’s golf habit is perhaps the archetypical topic of all boomer liberal memes, so it is downright uncanny to see it attached to a Joe Biden pseudonym typically used by the terminally online.) “I don’t know who started Dark Brandon, but I like it!” chimes in someone else, with a picture of Joe Biden sewing the American flag back together. Gone are Dark Brandon’s enthralled, Fury Road–esque paeans to death, rebirth, and Valhalla, typical of the memes of early 2022; replacing them are the sort of politics-stan memes you might see on the feed of Occupy Democrats.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... -meme.html

Young people will change this. Or not. Us old folks will watch but vote. Young folks should vote, too. Here's evidence they're paying some attention.

CDFingers

Thanks for helping to keep us X’ers in the loop.... Let’s go Dark Brandon!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Derogatory terms can be turned around, a historical example is the once derogatory term "Jesuit" that Protestants used against the Spanish Catholic order the Society of Jesus. Today even members of the Society call themselves Jesuits and their colleges and universities identify as Jesuit.
As Biden polls poorly in battlegrounds while congressional Democrats see a brightened political outlook for themselves, lawmakers are tying themselves in knots over whether to cheer on a second term for the 79-year-old president. It’s not that they’re abandoning Biden early, just that many see little upside in taking a firm stand either way when that risks alienating either independents or the party base. And some can’t understand why the question is even being asked.
Democratic leaders publicly support Biden, even as they equivocate somewhat on whether the oldest president in U.S. history should try to tack on four more years. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said “if he runs, I’ll support him.” And House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) similarly praised Biden for “doing a good job” as president, even as he responded to a question about Biden’s future much like Nadler did: “Getting into this game this early is not very productive.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/0 ... s-00049724

If Trump is the 2024 Republican nominee which is becoming apparent, Democrats only have Biden who could again defeat Trump, Harris and other candidates don't have the polling numbers to defeat Trump. The US Presidency is the most stressful job in the world and Biden is showing it, but unless Trump is knocked out by incapacitation, death or incarceration, Biden looks to be the strongest candidate to defeat him in 2024. 3rd parties on the US presidential level are meaningless.

That being said, I don't feel obligated to vote for Democratic candidates for federal, state and local offices in 2022.

Maureen Dowd a NY Times columnist is out this morning urging Biden not to run in 2024.
https://archive.ph/fJ2jG

Michael Smerconish at CNN earlier said Biden should announce he's not running before the 2022 election.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

If Biden doesn't run, who would stand a chance against the Repug candidate? Even if TOS doesn't run.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:34 am If Biden doesn't run, who would stand a chance against the Repug candidate? Even if TOS doesn't run.
Black voters are the backbone of the Democratic Party, especially Black woman and they'll have an outsized impact on the 2024 election like they did in the 2020 election. I assume they'll push for Harris and that won't work for many of us, Harris is an anti-gunner and was a very poor administrator as CA AG and SF DA.
WaPo did an article on potential 2024 Democratic candidates, I don't agree with it but it's another opinion.
https://archive.ph/DnzHv
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:34 am If Biden doesn't run, who would stand a chance against the Repug candidate? Even if TOS doesn't run.
Liz Cheney
Oh...wait... :hmmm:
Something doesn't add up... :hmmm:

Lisa Murkowski then...?
No, that ain't right either...

Someone'll show up, I'm sure of it.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

As I've said before - I'd vote for a duck billed platypus before I'd ever vote for a republican or turd supporter. I'm totally done with the despicables !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

I simply won’t vote for a republican no matter what. That doesn’t mean I’m giving it to a neoliberal authoritarian either. Exiting times. Pick your poison.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Everyone knows my stance on this but I'll say it again anyway. I'm perfectly willing to vote for a shitty candidate to keep a much shittier one out of office. I have to live in this world, afterall. I don't see the benefit in letting the country turn into a christo-fascist single party autocracy.

Pretty sure we're heading that way anyway but i'm still going to cast my vote, in every single election, without fail, for whoever is most likely to keep the GQP out of power.

The other word for "least worst" is "better". Choosing better has always made sense to me. If I have to vote for Biden, so be it. Harris? Bring it. Liz Cheney? Over Trump (or DeSantis)? Are you serious? Without a moment's hesitation.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

24 is too four away at this point for me. I think the Dems have to showcase their successes, as evidenced by recent votes. "Democrats deliver." Repubs lie and grift. (that last one was mine)

CDFingers

Dark Brandon

Greengunner wrote:Everyone knows my stance on this but I'll say it again anyway. I'm perfectly willing to vote for a shitty candidate to keep a much shittier one out of office. I have to live in this world, afterall. I don't see the benefit in letting the country turn into a christo-fascist single party autocracy.

Pretty sure we're heading that way anyway but i'm still going to cast my vote, in every single election, without fail, for whoever is most likely to keep the GQP out of power.

The other word for "least worst" is "better". Choosing better has always made sense to me. If I have to vote for Biden, so be it. Harris? Bring it. Liz Cheney? Over Trump (or DeSantis)? Are you serious? Without a moment's hesitation.
This sums up my view as well.

I don’t particularly care for some of the Democrat party’s policy platforms. But as of right now, they aren’t trying to take us back to the Jim Crow era. In fact, the right’s new obsession with authoritarianism (where the extreme right used to obsessively fear the power of central government & the police) combined with their general regressiveness regarding any social policy and open throated embrace of a militarized police state, white supremacy & theocratic governance is a one way ticket to an Americanized, Diet Coke version of the Third Reich.

So that’s why I don’t F around with third parties anymore and for the time being vote Democrat. It’s not because I like them or Democratic politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm Like last election if you vote 3rd party you may as well just vote Trump. Or maybe write in Pol Pot.
You vote your authoritarian fascist and I’ll vote for the person who best represents my view point. I’ll sleep perfectly well regardless of who wins. News flash, you want me to vote for your candidate, make sure he’s not just another flavor of authoritarian fascist. You got your work cut out for you. Start talking and pushing for a better candidate, it’s rather stupid to insist I vote contrary to my conscience. Now if the neoliberal fascist is your choice or you just care that your fascist has a D after their party affiliation then your already set. Any asshole will fit your bill. Won’t fit mine, so quit crying to me.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:43 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm Like last election if you vote 3rd party you may as well just vote Trump. Or maybe write in Pol Pot.
You vote your authoritarian fascist and I’ll vote for the person who best represents my view point. I’ll sleep perfectly well regardless of who wins. News flash, you want me to vote for your candidate, make sure he’s not just another flavor of authoritarian fascist. You got your work cut out for you. Start talking and pushing for a better candidate, it’s rather stupid to insist I vote contrary to my conscience. Now if the neoliberal fascist is your choice or you just care that your fascist has a D after their party affiliation then your already set. Any asshole will fit your bill. Won’t fit mine, so quit crying to me.
I didn't say your name but if the shoe fits. lol

But lets be clear, your calling Joe Biden a authoritarian fascist?
And a neoliberal because he takes money from corporations and billionaires right? LOL Move back to Finland pls.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

T&G’er, I take affront to telling any American to “go back to (________).” If you hear it as “Go Back to China!” that sounds different don’t it? Kinda ignant, maybe? ‘Cause ugly Americans can’t tell the difference between Taiwan and China?

So no? Telling a white person to go back to Europe is not the same? -somehow less insulting because why? -Europe is not a poor, 3rd world country like Thaiwan?

Nah, I’m just pulling your leg... You go ahead and send that cat-luver to Greenland if the airfare is cheaper. Them long-hairs are bred to survive on snow & ice don't cha know.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I call him what he is, a neoliberal. He’s a corporatist. He’s also an authoritarian wanting to remove civil rights, the second is a civil right. He’s as much of a fascist as the the other turds and it seems to rub you the wrong way tg, so I why not. The Nazi one certainly had the same characteristics, supported industry, used authoritarianism to deny civil rights to groups of people. I won’t get into how readily each wants to use military force. There’s parallels. You can call him what you like, vote for whoever you like what you can’t do I’d claim my exercising a right is something it isn’t. I have a right to analyze the effects of policies and make a choice at the voting booth. If I choose to not vote for your flavor of asshole you don’t have the right to declare my vote equates to voting for a fascist like trump. If you take that approach which you did, I have the right to call your candidate a neoliberal authoritarian fascist. Enjoy your headache, I’m not going anywhere and you certainly are expressing very authoritarian fascist traits, deport or chase away anyone who doesn’t vote your way or your candidate. Nice to see the land of the free is so free, I always figured growing up that the jingoistic bullshit would get too deep and bury this country. Your attitude is a prime example.

sikacz wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:16 pm I simply won’t vote for a republican no matter what. That doesn’t mean I’m giving it to a neoliberal authoritarian either. Exiting times. Pick your poison.
I think that goes for deplorables running on the right as well. GOP is splintered..Lots of 'never trumpers'...No, they wouldn't vote for a DEM, but just won't vote.

trump's Fascist cpac speech is scary..that fat orange one needs to be convicted of a felony, any felony.

It is true that Joe is a neoliberal and believes in the primacy of corporations. Yet he is a competent manager as he occupies a place holder position between two mighty generations. We see all kinds of old and grey states people. They're all going in the next four to six years to be replaced by the up and coming movers and shakers in their 30's and 40's.

What a marvelous and terrifying time to be alive. These are the days of miracle and wonder as we come to understand that every silver lining has a touch of grey.

CDFingers

These are very early days for the 2024 presidential election, but the political parties and potential candidates are looking at these early polls. Many of the polls are within the margin of error, so it's a toss up. It's always tougher with a bad economy being the incumbent and Biden is the incumbent. People are fickle and have short memories and not everyone remembers all the political drama of the Trump years.

2024 Republican Presidential nominees
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7548.html

2024 Presidential election
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... /national/

Some true socislists here.
Everyone is going to bend the knee to corporations until they are banned from donating to elections.
See Joe rail against oil companies
See Joe rail against coal
See Joe rail against tsking corporate money.
See Joe lose.
It would be suicide for anyone.
Cept for good ole Bill Clinton.
Vote for Bill
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I don't see Biden as a Neoliberal Fascist. Want to see what is a Fascist look at TOS, read about his speech at CPAC. Also read about how close we came to having a Coup on Jan. 6 and events that lead up to that fiasco. How the military had been holding the line and supporting the rule of law and the Constitution for much of TOS reign of playground bullying.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022 ... s-generals
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I don't think a neoliberal can be a fascist, but they can be a corporatist. To be a fascist you also need to be a corporatist. Fascism just adds to the mix some kind of out-group focused hate and blame. Corporatist is just the money side of control. Liberal and fascist are the two ideological poles in this comparison.

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am I don't think a neoliberal can be a fascist, but they can be a corporatist. To be a fascist you also need to be a corporatist. Fascism just adds to the mix some kind of out-group focused hate and blame. Corporatist is just the money side of control. Liberal and fascist are the two ideological poles in this comparison.

CDFingers
You’re drawing a thin distinction especially when authoritarianism gets thrown in. It’s a hop and skip, and the line is crossed. Do you really think fascism doesn’t just creep in slowly. I think it does. It’s a slow justification of each infraction, restriction and denial of rights for reasons. Reasons that get down played because it doesn’t effect you, until it does. Do you think this version of fascism is going to be a carbon copy of the previous version, I don’t.