Browning Pro22 standard velocity ammo

I like trying out different standard velocity and subsonic .22 ammo in my old target rimfires. Picked up some Browning Pro22, 40 grain round nose 1085 fps, on the box it states "target crimp". Initially very impressed, because it seems more accurate than my standbys, CCI SV, Norma Tac and various Aguila target rounds. Except...
Almost every round failed to extract in two High Standards and an FN Browning Medalist. In an S&W 17-2 revolver, the back of the fired cases would stretch out just enough to interfere with the cylinder advancing, and it took a real hand punch on the extractor rod to kick them out.

I mic'ed it to compare to CCI SV, no dimensional differences that jump out at me. I'm wondering if it is that strange groove around the middle of the casing (I think that's the "target crimp" that they mention on the box), or if the brass is softer or thinner? I measured a couple of spent cases and a couple of spent CCI SV cases, diameter wasn't any greater.

Annoying, because the group you see in this photo was at 5 shots at 12 yards from the FN Browning Medalist, basically using it as a single shot. I had to use a rod to punch out the case after each shot because they jammed in the case too tight for the extractor to pull them. Note that the gun was clean when I started, (I'd fired only 20 or 30 rounds since the last good cleaning) and after this I fired 25 rounds, CCI SV and Topshot (a generic brand, I think S&B makes it) without a hitch (and without the same accuracy).

Re: Browning Pro22 standard velocity ammo

I've been on a similar mission, although I'm fine with HV. The Browning Pro22 has been on my list of ammunition to be skeptical about since both reviews of it on the LGS website are mediocre to poor. One referenced failure to cycle a TX22, the other had extraction problems for semiautos and a lever action, although it worked fine in his revolver. Rimfire reliability is what it is, but I suspect this offering needs tweaked a bit.

OTOH, I have had zero problems and acceptable accuracy from Browning's BPR 36 grain hollow points rated at 1280 fps. Sounds like the crimp is the problem.