'Unambiguous felony': Donald Trump at risk in IRS 'personal vendetta' audit investigation

According to a report from former Assistant U.S. Attorney Mitchell Epner at the Daily Beast, Donald Trump’s legal problems may be growing exponentially because there appears to be evidence he attempted to use the IRS to persecute political enemies before he lost re-election.

At issue, Epner wrote, are accusations from former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly that the former president demanded the IRS look into tax returns filed by, among others, former FBI Director James Comey and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

According to the legal expert, there is already an investigation by the IRS inspector general into the suspicious audits of the two FBI officials, with Epner writing, “As reported earlier this summer, both Comey and McCabe were subjected to highly unusual IRS audits. The odds of an individual randomly being subjected to this type of audit are similar to being struck by lightning. For both to be the subject of special audit by happenstance is about as likely as a whale falling from the sky and landing in the middle of a mountain range.”

As he notes, there is evidence Kelly is willing to provide evidence about Trump’s illegal demand, with Epner writing that “a president who unlawfully seeks to have an individual audited is subject to up to five years in prison. The crime does not require that the IRS actually carry out the audit. The crime is completed with the mere request.”
https://www.alternet.org/2022/11/unambi ... trump-irs/

TOS's Felony charges will just keep mounting. The IRS is a five year sentence, if tried for each count that would be ten years. At his age TOS would not live to see freedom again.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: 'Unambiguous felony': Donald Trump at risk in IRS 'personal vendetta' audit investigation

Many, many politicians at every level have been prosecuted, convicted, and or lost their powers for abusing their position simply because they are vindictive assh*les; that is not new, President Nixon being the prime example of this. But few people have had the time to commit so many acts of illegal assh*lery before they are brought to court or otherwise stripped of their office. It’d be downright amusing to watch all these charges pile up against TOS if the consequences of his pettiness weren’t so damaging for the country.

No, I take it back: this is genuinely amusing. The boy just can’t seem to stop kicking his-self, bless his heart.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: 'Unambiguous felony': Donald Trump at risk in IRS 'personal vendetta' audit investigation

I don't understand how ANYBODY could support this orange turd. trump, by words and deeds, hates,-women(SCOTUS/RoevWade), Muslims,Jews, anybody of color, LGBTQ community.. He wines and dines with anti-semites and white supremacists/holocaust deniers, election deniers, liars, haters...trump is ignorant, arrogant, is hated by so many, including many in the GOPathetic yet....trump is facing a half dozen law suits, some criminal...yet...I don't get it.

As nothing keeps happening to TOS, who should never have been elected,
who should have been prosecuted for bringing a (hostile) foreign power into the 2016
who should have been prosecuted for violating the Emoluments Clause on Day 1,
who should have been impeached for bringing Russian intelligence agents into the Oval Office
who should have been impeached for campaign finance violations for paying off Stormy Daniels
who should have been convicted for trying to black-mail a foreign leader (Zelensky) into helping find dirt on Biden
who should have been denied residency in Florida because Mar-a-Lago cannot, by law, be a residence
who should have been convicted for inciting an insurrection that invaded the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the election he LOST
who demanded that the Georgia SecState manufacture enough votes to swing Georgia to him
who ran a totally corrupt company in New York with 2 sets of books
who has sexually assaulted multiple women and raped at least 2 (including his dead 1st wife).
who clearly has engaged in tax evasion
who committed multiple felonies directing the IRS to audit "enemies"
who stole government documents, including classified ones in direct violation of the Presidential Record Act
who destroyed government documents, including flushing incriminating ones down the WH toilets (Who would flush documents that did NOT show evidence of crimes?)
Etc
Etc
Etc

Yet the orange piece of shit ALWAYS seems to get away with it. I won't believe he'll be convicted or serve a minute in prison till I see it happen!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

"CHANCRES" - word of the day - haven't heard that in ages - I may use instead of my usual "pustule" to describe turd and acolytes.
Turds days are numbered - whether the law or age gets him - I prefer the former, but will savor the latter. His legend/legacy will die with him. Others will try to pick up his scepter but will fail. He will join Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Pol Pot in the trash bin of history. He should NEVER have his portrait in White House unless there is a red slash across it and label of "TRAITOR" attached.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

CDFingers wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 am I made that label up, a collusion of chancres, to describe that wretched family, in response to some of the interesting names for groups of animals, like a murder of crows, a school of fish, or a mob of 'roos.

CDFingers
Don't forget a Committee of Vultures. That fits so well to so much of politics. I feel sorry for the Vulture Bird as they provide a very useful service cleaning up the dead carcass of animals. I would bet there are some animals such as politicians, like TOS and his rightwing supporters, that stink so bad even a vulture wouldn't touch them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,