Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

It was good day for the Republic and American democracy. There will be no presidential library. A spray-painted gold toilet in Turd's cell, which only he will use, seems appropriate.

I will hold off on festivities until the most corrupt, dangerous president in American history is behind bars. Fuck a perp walk, I want the cameras planted when the SS hands his ass over to the US Marshals in shackles on his way to prison. The rest of his degenerate family can rot in exile...Dubai, Russia...they can take their pick.

"In a democracy, every citizen, regardless of his interest in politics, "holds office"; every one of us is in a position of responsibility; and, in the final analysis, the kind of government we get depends upon how well we fulfill our responsibilities. We, The People, decide, and we will get the kind of political leadership, be it good or bad, that we demand or deserve."

- President John F Kennedy
Last edited by DiamondDawg on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Over 30 charges related to business fraud, filed under seal, according to CNN. We won't find out what they all are until the arraignment, it seems.

I broke out the good Scotch.

It's good that it's so many charges, and it's good that it's over something comparatively minor like hush-money. It's harder to incite a riot over Stormy Daniels, and there will be less energy to support insurrection as additional charges drop. At the same time, it traps Republicans into defending him in the face of ever escalating charges. When improper storage of documents, incitement of violence and obstruction of justice charges come, state charges and federal, the arrest won't be "unprecedented." It'll be another perp walk, and another trial, another tedious day in the mendacious life of a sleazeball whose privilege finally failed him.

Maybe none of the charges ever stick, but the rest of his life he'll be fighting in court, snarfing down more cholesterol bomb comfort food until the cardiac hand-me-down he inherited from Dick Cheney finally pops, like Milosevic at the Hague.

DeSantis is looking pretty weak after getting kicked in the shins by a mouse. Youngkin is the one to watch now, I think, Term limited, you know.

The Manhattan grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump's involvement in a payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels is also probing the circumstances surrounding money paid in the run-up to the 2016 election to a second woman who alleged an affair with Trump, according to two people familiar with the matter. Witnesses who have appeared before the grand jury have fielded questions about Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model and actress, these sources said. McDougal has alleged she had an affair with Trump in 2006 and 2007, and sold the rights to her story to The National Enquirer for $150,000 in August 2016. The tabloid never published her account, a practice known as "catch and kill."

The Wall Street Journal first reported the grand jury's interest in the payment to McDougal on Thursday. American Media, Inc., the Enquirer's parent company, later admitted it had acquired the rights to McDougal's story in order to bury it and help Trump's campaign. David Pecker, who was the company's CEO until 2020 and a staunch Trump ally, testified before the grand jury earlier this week. The payment to McDougal preceded a $130,000 payment to Daniels, who also claimed to have had sex with Trump in 2006. That payment was made by Michael Cohen, Trump's attorney and "fixer" at the time, and Daniels agreed not to disclose her allegations in exchange for the money.

Prosecutors in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office are believed to be investigating whether Trump directed the falsification of business records to conceal payments reimbursing Cohen for the Daniels transaction. Trump has denied all wrongdoing and said he never had an affair with either Daniels or McDougal. After the Enquirer obtained the rights to McDougal's story, Cohen reached an agreement with Pecker to purchase the non-disclosure portion of McDougal's deal for $125,000, which would be paid through a shell corporation Cohen had established. That agreement was never finalized after Pecker pulled out of the deal, federal prosecutors would later say.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-gran ... n-payment/

Just keep piling on those charges, some of it will stick since 30 plus charges are to be revealed when Trump is arraigned on Tuesday.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bragg is piling up the charges. The reality is that when the list of charges is released on Tuesday, Trump's lawyers might even have them now, they are going to file brief after brief arguing that charge after charge should be tossed out and the Supreme Court justice (state trial court judge) will likely throw out some charges before the trial even starts and after testimony ends they'll ask for charges to be dropped and summary judgement in Trump's favor and all of this is just the trial phase. After the trial phase there are all the appeals on the state and federal level, so we'll see what's left at the end, if Trump really goes to prison.

I expect Trump's lawyers will subpoena NY County DA Alvin Bragg and question him about his campaign and any statements he made about Trump. Trump wants this portrayed as a "political prosecution" and I expect his lawyers will score some points.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:46 am Bragg is piling up the charges. The reality is that when the list of charges is released on Tuesday, Trump's lawyers might even have them now, they are going to file brief after brief arguing that charge after charge should be tossed out and the Supreme Court justice (state trial court judge) will likely throw out some charges before the trial even starts and after testimony ends they'll ask for charges to be dropped and summary judgement in Trump's favor and all of this is just the trial phase. After the trial phase there are all the appeals on the state and federal level, so we'll see what's left at the end, if Trump really goes to prison.

I expect Trump's lawyers will subpoena NY County DA Alvin Bragg and question him about his campaign and any statements he made about Trump. Trump wants this portrayed as a "political prosecution" and I expect his lawyers will score some points.
In the end this will be seen as a political witch hunt by t supporters and regardless of the outcome will only help t.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:04 am The minds of younger voters will change the electorate, and most of them think that no one should be above the law.

CDFingers
I look forward to the eternal promise that the young will show up at the polls and change will come. Hasn’t happened yet. Skeptical it will now.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:08 am
CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:04 am The minds of younger voters will change the electorate, and most of them think that no one should be above the law.

CDFingers
I look forward to the eternal promise that the young will show up at the polls and change will come. Hasn’t happened yet. Skeptical it will now.
I just read where he's going to be tried as an adult, so there's that.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:10 am

CDFingers

CDFingers
LoL 😂.

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:12 am
CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:10 am

CDFingers

CDFingers
LoL 😂.
:roflmao:

LOL He talks like a child.

I wonder if he's moving money. Is he a flight risk? If so which country do you think he would choose? One with his Hotel in it?
Countries with No U.S. Extradition Treaty

Afghanistan Ethiopia Nepal
Algeria Gabon Niger
Andorra Guinea North Korea
Angola Guinea-Bissau Oman
Armenia Indonesia Qatar
Bahrain Iran Russia
Bangladesh Kazakhstan Rwanda
Belarus Kosovo Samoa
Bhutan Kuwait São Tomé & Príncipe
Bosnia and Herzegovina Laos Saudi Arabia
Brunei Lebanon Senegal
Burkina Faso Libya Serbia
Burundi Macedonia Somalia
Cambodia Madagascar Sudan
Cameroon the Maldives Syria
Cape Verde Mali Taiwan
the Central African Republic the Marshall Islands Togo
Chad Mauritania Tunisia
China Micronesia Uganda
Comoros Moldova Ukraine
Dem. Republic of the Congo Mongolia United Arab Emirates
Cote d’ Ivoire Montenegro Uzbekistan
Cuba Morocco Vanuatu
Djibouti Mozambique the Vatican
Equatorial Guinea Myanmar Vietnam
Eritrea Namibia Yemen

The following countries have been known to refuse U.S. extradition requests, despite having treaties: Bolivia, Ecuador, Iceland, Nicaragua, Switzerland, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Well he has been a bestie with Kim Jung Un of North Korea. But he also has been an ass kisser with Putin and Vlaid would see that as a coup against the US since TOS has read all the classified documents and committed them to memory. :roflmao:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:49 am
highdesert wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:46 am Bragg is piling up the charges. The reality is that when the list of charges is released on Tuesday, Trump's lawyers might even have them now, they are going to file brief after brief arguing that charge after charge should be tossed out and the Supreme Court justice (state trial court judge) will likely throw out some charges before the trial even starts and after testimony ends they'll ask for charges to be dropped and summary judgement in Trump's favor and all of this is just the trial phase. After the trial phase there are all the appeals on the state and federal level, so we'll see what's left at the end, if Trump really goes to prison.

In the end this will be seen as a political witch hunt by t supporters and regardless of the outcome will only help t.
So...just ignore the FACT that trump is a dangerous criminal? Just knuckle under because the orange turd called for 'death and destruction'? Still waiting for that BTW...

I wouldn't be a bit surprised he skips to SA or russia when the federal indictments come...hope so...or toe tag time..either...

F4FEver wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:04 am
sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:49 am

So...just ignore the FACT that trump is a dangerous criminal? Just knuckle under because the orange turd called for 'death and destruction'? Still waiting for that BTW...

I wouldn't be a bit surprised he skips to SA or russia when the federal indictments come...hope so...or toe tag time..either...

So just skip the trial, he's convicted because Democrats say he's a criminal and left wing media agrees. Does that apply when a Democratic politician is indicted? So we are not a nation of laws, we convict people based on the popular mood or what the leaders says like Russia and China. You just babble on and on and on...

Trump's campaign is already bragging about raising $4 million since his indictment. We don't know for sure if that's true until the campaign makes a filing with FEC. The judge presiding needs to make sure this is as close to an error free trial as possible, it gives Trumps lawyers less ammo to use in their appeals.

Alvin Bragg and George Soros are already painted as the nefarious actors behind this "political prosecution". All of this is precedent for the first Democratic president who will eventually get indicted, like Nixon was almost impeached and Clinton was impeached.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... on-raised/

highdesert wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:08 am Trump's campaign is already bragging about raising $4 million since his indictment. We don't know for sure if that's true until the campaign makes a filing with FEC. The judge presiding needs to make sure this is as close to an error free trial as possible, it gives Trumps lawyers less ammo to use in their appeals.

Alvin Bragg and George Soros are already painted as the nefarious actors behind this "political prosecution". All of this is precedent for the first Democratic president who will eventually get indicted, like Nixon was almost impeached and Clinton was impeached.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... on-raised/
Agree and this is playing just like t wants. He can use it and play up the political angle. The election is going to be divisive and dirty.