Who else has bought a copy or two (or more) of Professor Yemane's book?

Like a few others here, I've been watching Professor Yemane's postings (blog, YouTube channel, etc.), and have anticipated the release of his book. He offered a signed book plate to anyone who pre-ordered a copy, so I ordered two copies from a locally-owned book seller, figuring to gift one copy (I haven't decided who will receive this gift yet, but people reading this can buy their own copy :tongue: ). I sent an email with a picture of my receipt, and now have book plates to affix to two copies.

I got a call from the book seller folks last week, informing me that my books had arrived. I stopped by to collect them today (and while browsing the store, opted to buy a copy of Heather Cox Richardson's book, Democracy Awakening: Notes on the State of America, and a book on the Hillsville VA massacre of 1912.

While I anticipate that some of the contents of the book will be rewritings of Yemane's blog posts (many of which have been linked elsewhere in this forum), I'm still looking forward to reading the book. The person to whom I gift the other copy will be chosen based on some assortment of factors, including but not limited to their curiosity and open-mindedness about firearms.

I was hoping that my purchase would tempt the book store to buy a copy for their shelves, but I didn't see one while there. Maybe it was on a shelf I didn't scan.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: Who else has bought a copy or two (or more) of Professor Yemane's book?

I sat in for two of the online classes via the streaming thing. If that online learning experience is representative of what kids had to go through during the pandemic, my heart goes out to all of them. I had never done anything like that before. Took me a while to figure out how to turn off the inane and often off-topic comments bit. I couldn't take anymore so just let the rest go. A barrage of statistics may be compelling to a statistician and useful for those new to the subject. I may go and look at some of the rest of the now online classes, I could buzz thru them, I think. Good info. The book is almost always better than the movie.

I think the online classes he did were aimed at an audience other than a general one. Few of us are majoring in Sociology, and Sociologists seem to live in statistics.

Part of my reasoning for purchasing the book is the ethos that "we vote with our purchases." I want to see more level-headed discourse on firearms out in the world. Coming at it from the purely statistical perspective might be too dry for some folks, and it's certainly not sensationalist (and will thus not be as covered by news/opinion people), but it's a start.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

I pre-ordered "Gun Curious", I bought his previous book "Concealed Carry Revolution".

I've taken many online classes since the 1990s, the only thing different have been the platforms, this one used Zoom. This one was synchronous, most I've taken have been asynchronous. Students now days can get a high school diploma, an associate, bachelor's, master's and a doctoral degree online. Online degree programs aren't easier, they're just more convenient.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan